brett jordan fmqhTMu4IVU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
brett jordan fmqhTMu4IVU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The Three Best Instagram Spots in Soho

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mt Holyoke chapter.

At 5:30 am on a Saturday morning, I woke up, did my makeup in the dark, and got on a two and a half hour bus ride to NYC. I had three goals: 1) eat cannolis for dinner, 2) find some A+ Christmas presents, and 3) finally visit my favorite Instagram photo spots that I have seen all over social media for years. So, after an accumulative six hours on a bus, extensive research, and completely relying on Google Maps for eight hours, here are the threebest Instagram photo spots in SoHo, New York City. 

Glossier Flagship Store, 123 Lafayette St.

This spot is worth a visit, not just for the pictures, but for the unique shopping experience. The Cloud Paint photo exhibit is super cute and very Instagram photo-friendly. Everything in the store is beautiful, and even the style of shopping is fun! You can select and try products in the main showroom and then order your goodies from one of the pink jumpsuit-clad employees. Your purchases will then arrive (seemingly magically) from a pink conveyor belt in a  personalized bag with your name. Pro tip: make sure to get there early. They open promptly at 11 am and let in 50 people at a time, so be prepared to wait outside to get in. 

Cha Cha Matcha, 373 Broome St. 

The ideal destination for all matcha lovers, or anyone obsessed with a pink and green color palette. Cha Cha Matcha will fulfill all of your colorful café dreams. In addition to the adorable decor, the lattes are, in fact, delicious. We ordered the classic matcha latte and the “purple drink” and highly recommend both. Make sure to snatch a napkin or cup cozy on the way out, they are incredibly cute.

Pietro Nolita, 174 Elizabeth St. 

If you follow any fashion blogger on Instagram, you most likely have seen the pink facade and heart graffiti of the Pietro Nolita Italian restaurant on your feed. The pink flower boxes and iconic neon sign are the perfect photo backdrop. If you take a photo, drop into the restaurant to donate to their charity of choice or sit down for some Italian cuisine. Make sure you wear your favorite outfit, and be prepared for lines waiting to take pictures in the warmer months. 

Good luck on your photography adventures! 

XOXO, Bella 

If you would like to write for Her Campus Mount Holyoke, or if you have any questions or comments for us, please email hc.mtholyoke@hercampus.com.    

Isabella LoRe

Mt Holyoke '23

Hi! I'm Bella, a first year at Mount Holyoke College. I love fashion, documenting my life on my Youtube channel, and crafting obnoxiously complicated coffee orders (sorry baristas).
Mount Holyoke College is a gender-inclusive, historically women's college in South Hadley, MA.