This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mt Holyoke chapter.

Twitter, like a lot of social media, can be a stressful place to navigate. Scrolling through my timeline, I read about a lot of current events or my mutuals ranting, and while there’s nothing inherently wrong with that, the negativity can accumulate. So it’s great when your timeline can have the occasional bouts of cutesy positivity, especially if you’re an animal lover like me. Here’s my favorite Twitter accounts that post cute animals:

WeRateDogs @dog_rates

This 13/10 account posts adorable dog pictures and rates them out of 10. Of course, no dog receives a bad score, because all dogs are great! There’s so many different types of dogs, you’ll be sure to find at least one who will make you smile.

Shiber @shiber

A Twitter account whose simple (and accurate!) description is “shiba inus in various predicaments,” this is a more specialized account. If you’re a big fan of shiba inus specifically, you’ll love this. With their squishy cheeks and big, adorable eyes, it’s hard not to be a fan!

Emergency Kittens @emrgencykittens

If you’re more of a cat person, though, you’ve still got great taste, because cats are wonderful too. Get your daily dose of kitten pictures from Emergency Kittens—accurately named because I’m permanently suffering an emergency where I don’t have enough kittens in my life.

Black Metal Cats @evilbmcats

Or if you want something a bit more edgy to fit your aesthetic, get cat-filled Tweets that read like something straight out of an Edgar Allan Poe short story. These cats are older, more majestic, and a bit intimidating, but I really admire their style!

Bunny Archive @bunnyarchive

There’s the dog person/cat person dichotomy, but what about the bunny lovers? While bunnies aren’t nearly as common as other household pets, they’re still plenty adorable.

BirdPerHour @birdperhour

Even more underappreciated than bunnies, however, are birds. Birds may not have the fluffy and affectionate stereotype, but they’re quirky and wonderful to look at. Follow @birdperhour for an hourly dose of bird!

I hope you enjoyed this article, and if you have a pet of any kind, please make sure to tell them that you love them. (And that I love them, too!)

Image Source: X

If you would like to write for Her Campus Mount Holyoke, or if you have any questions or comments for us, please email mt-holyoke@hercampus.com.

Caroline Mao

Mt Holyoke '22

She/her or they/them, class of 2022, Mount Holyoke prospective studio art and computer science major who enjoys reading and petting dogs.
Mount Holyoke College is a gender-inclusive, historically women's college in South Hadley, MA.