Style > Beauty

Review of Urban Decay Stay Naked Weightless Foundation

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mt Holyoke chapter.

I’ve always struggled to find a foundation that worked well for me. So often, the color would be just slightly wrong or the foundation would wear off by the middle of the day, leaving my face looking very oily and shiny. Unfortunately, over the past year, I’ve also had some of the worst skin of my entire life; I’ve suddenly had constant acne and skin that somehow gets very dry, yet also becomes annoyingly shiny by the end of the day. Makeup used to be something really fun for me. I loved getting ready for the day and trying out new eye makeup looks and lipstick shades, but it became a lot less enjoyable when I was no longer happy with my skin and having so many issues trying to find a foundation that I liked on myself. 

A couple of weeks ago, I went home for the weekend and went on a mission to finally get a foundation that would be the right color, would be long-lasting, and would cover up any acne marks without being too heavy. Luckily, I found something that accomplished a lot of what I needed! 

the honest company beauty
Photo by The Honest Company on Unsplash

I discovered the Urban Decay Stay Naked Weightless Foundation, which has so far been working out very well! The foundation shades include different undertones for each shade, which I find to be very helpful, since I have often found myself buying foundations that technically are the right shade for me, but the undertones are so wrong that the foundation looks like it’s been tinted pink or orange. I’ve been using the shade 30WY, which is described as light warm with a golden undertone. The foundation itself is just as lightweight as the name promises; I can barely feel it on my skin after I put it on. For the past couple of weeks, I’ve been wearing it all day long, often for over 12 hours, but I only have to apply a thin layer for it to last pretty much the entire day. I’ve only had to occasionally touch it up once I’ve been wearing it for a long time. It is also great at preventing my skin from looking oily or shiny, as it is a matte foundation and it certainly lives up to that description. I’ve tried many foundations that promise to be matte, but end up looking extremely shiny only a few hours after I’ve put it on. 

Makeup
freestocks.org

Unfortunately, the Stay Naked Weightless Foundation is a bit pricey. At $39 it’s more than what I would typically want to spend on foundation (though definitely much cheaper than some of the really expensive products on the market), but in my opinion, it’s worth the price for the most part. The foundation is of good quality, and thankfully you only need to use one or two pumps for your entire face, so a little goes a long way. My only other complaint would be that it can occasionally require a few touch-ups around my chin after I’ve been wearing the foundation for most of the day, but I tend to run into that issue with every foundation I’ve tried and I suppose that is to be expected with any makeup product. Overall, I am really glad to have found this product, as it allows me to feel less self-conscious about my skin and because it actually works well for my skin type and is a good match color-wise. It has made doing my makeup a lot more fun!

If you would like to write for Her Campus Mount Holyoke, or if you have any questions or comments for us, please email hc.mtholyoke@hercampus.com.

Ansley Keane

Mt Holyoke '23

I'm a first-year student at Mount Holyoke College and I am interested in majoring in English, history, or economics. I love writing, reading, exploring cool towns and cities, and listening to almost anything by Taylor Swift.
Mount Holyoke College is a gender-inclusive, historically women's college in South Hadley, MA.