A Review Of The Her Campus Spring Break Survival Kits

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mt Holyoke chapter.

After a long spell of winter, spring is finally starting to show its colors at Mount Holyoke. Soon, we will be rid of days that we had to bundle up in 8 layers of clothing and trek through blizzards to make it to class (until next year). As most of us begin to anticipate the transition of seasons, it’s important to keep in mind that a change in weather often brings about changes in your body. The transition from winter to spring in particular brings about, longer days, warmer temperatures and more heat from the sun! While having warmer temperatures is great, it’s possible that your body may react in different days and in order to help you manage these changes, Her Campus has put together a great list of products in their Survival Kit that are exclusively designed for Spring.

1. Alba Botanica Hawaiian Sunscreen

One of the most important steps in my skincare routine is sunscreen. Since I use over- the-counter products such as retinoids that make my skin photosensitive, I have to use sunscreen religiously. While during the winter, you can sometimes get away with not using it because of the lack of the sun, spring is a whole different story! As the blazing sun begins to shine upon us, I have been testing out Alba Botanica’s hawaiian sunscreen and have found that it works well/wonderfully. It’s non-greasy, free of parabens and fragrances which is great for my sensitive skin. It’s also cruelty free and holds up fairly strong throughout the day. My only concern is whether it would last during the summer because temperatures become considerably more humid in the summer which causes virtually everything to melt off of my skin. I guess I’ll just have to wait and find out!

2. Almay Shadow Squad Eyeshadow

Another product that I’ve been testing out for my spring makeup routine is Almay Shadow Squad’s Eye-Shadow in the shade Never Settle. The palette comes in a range of colors that vary from matte, to metallic, satin and glitter. What I like about the shadow is that the colors are very versatile and can be used for both a daytime spring look and night-time occasions. My only con would be that I have slightly darker eyelids and the shadow isn’t as pigmented as I’d like. If you have darker eyelids like I do, you might want to use a little bit more product to make sure you’re getting the true color on your lids.

3. Bed Head Get Twisted Anti-Frizz Spray

Oh. My. God. This is by far my favourite product of the lot. I’m fairly low maintenance when I comes to hair care. While most hair products recommend that you style using heat, I’m usually more of a wash-and-go person. Even though this spray also recommended that I use heat to style my hair, I decided to try it out and see how it held up. After washing my hair, I sprayed a bit of the get twisted serum to the ends of my hair and went to bed. In the morning I woke up to these amazing curls that lasted throughout the day-until I washed my hair again. Overall, I would say this is extremely effective and long-lasting. I would recommend it to everybody who’s looking to fight the humid frizz, and keep their curls intact.

These were just some of the items from the giveaway that I have been able to try out. If you want to participate in the giveaway for many more great spring items, make sure you do so by tonight. Good luck and happy spring!

Image sources: Cover, 1, 2, 3

If you would like to write for Her Campus Mount Holyoke, or if you have any questions or comments for us, please email mt-holyoke@hercampus.com.

Sophomore at Mount Holyoke College, majoring in Psychology. Originally from Karachi, Pakistan.
Mount Holyoke College is a gender-inclusive, historically women's college in South Hadley, MA.