This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mt Holyoke chapter.

I don’t know about you all, but ABBA has always been my go-to for feel-good music. Of course, Mamma Mia! being one of my all-time favorite movies does have something to do with it, but no one can deny how uplifting and happy ABBA’s music is. So, here are my top ten favorite underrated ABBA songs for those who need more than just the Mamma Mia! soundtrack: 

album photos on wall
Photo by Clay Banks from Unsplash

10. “Kisses Of Fire”

The presentation of this song in Mamma Mia!: Here We Go Again was odd at best, but this song is a total bop if you give it another chance!

9.  “I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do, Do”

Ok, so this one is technically part of the first Mamma Mia! movie, but the full song is amazing and will totally reignite your unrealistic wedding dreams.

8. “I Wonder (Departure)”

Why they cut this song from the second movie, I don’t know, but they messed up there. This song makes you want to cry about growing up and we all need that sometimes.

7. “Thank You For The Music”

Yet again, another amazing song that makes you want to dance and cry at the same time. Also, Amanda Seyfried’s version defined my childhood so I can’t help but love it.

6. “Angeleyes”

To be fair, I only came to know this song because of Christine Baranski’s and Julie Walter’s iconic performance in the second movie, but seriously this is the best song to dance with your friends to. 

woman laying down with her foot on a radio
Photo by Eric Nopanen from Unsplash

5. “One Of Us”

This song plays a simple but important role in the musical version of Mamma Mia!, but for some reason they cut it from the movie. Do me a favor and just listen to it and see why it’s so wonderful. 

4. “Andante, Andante”

Yes, this is in the second movie but it’s just so good! Also, the fact that an andante is a musical method that is actually used in the song is great.

3. “If It Wasn’t For The Nights”

This song wasn’t in any ABBA adaption, which in my opinion, is a crime. This may be one of their catchiest songs ever and will get stuck in your head, but in a good way!

2. “Under Attack”

Another cut song from the first movie! This one is kind of a trip, but it’s still absolutely amazing.

1. “Why Did It Have To Be Me?”

What other song could be number 1? This one isn’t quite underrated anymore, but it deserves all the attention it gets. 

If you would like to write for Her Campus Mount Holyoke, or if you have any questions or comments for us, please email hc.mtholyoke@hercampus.com.  

Fiona Rogers

Mt Holyoke '24

I'm a student who loves reading and writing and I'm intending to be an English major!
Mount Holyoke College is a gender-inclusive, historically women's college in South Hadley, MA.