This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mt Holyoke chapter.

We all have bad days from time to time. Sometimes we just need a nice little pick-me-up to get through especially tough days. Here are some quotes to make you smile. Some may make you laugh, some may inspire you, but they all should put a little smile on your face. They may not completely fix your bad mood, but they’ll make difficult times just a little bit easier.

“Nobody can be uncheered with a balloon.” -Winnie the Pooh

“Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” -Marthe Troly-Curtin

“I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.” -Douglas Adams

“Happiness is a warm puppy.” -Charles M. Schulz

“Why was Mozart angry at his chickens? When he asked them who the best composer was, they all said Bach, Bach, Bach.” -Anonymous

“The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.” -Stanley Randall

“I used to love the candy Nerds, but I stopped eating them when I realized that for me, it was basically cannibalism.” -Rob O’Reilly

“Where are all the Sour Patch parents?” -Bo Burnham

“My dog was my soulmate; we both took naps, we both skipped lunch, we both hated the vacuum…” -Elayne Boosler

“A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kickboxing.” -Emo Phillips

“I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me.” -Fred Allen

“Try to be a rainbow in someone’s clouds.” -Maya Angelou

“The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today.” -H. Jackson Brown Jr.

“Keep your face always towards sunshine—and shadows will fall behind you.” -Walt Whitman

“It is never too late to be what you might have been.” -George Eliot

“There is nothing stronger in the world than gentleness.” -Han Suyin

“There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.” -Edith Wharton

“The best way out is always through.” -Robert Frost

“Your ordinary acts of love and hope point to the extraordinary promise that every human life is of inestimable value.” -Desmond Tutu

“A smile is happiness you’ll find right under your nose.” -Tom Wilson

“A #2 pencil and a dream can take you anywhere.” -Joyce Meyer

Hopefully these quotes manage to put a smile on your face even in the darkest of times. Maybe a few of them will even cheer you up! And remember, even the worst of times will always come to an end.

Images: Thumbnail, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

If you would like to write for Her Campus Mount Holyoke, or if you have any questions or comments for us, please email mt-holyoke@hercampus.com

Sarah Washington is a sophomore at Mount Holyoke College. She is from Wilbraham, Massachusetts. She is a prospective Sociology Major. Sarah's passions include social justice, increased visibility for multiracial individuals, feminism, and LGBT rights. Her other loves include makeup, writing, reading, and music.
Mount Holyoke College is a gender-inclusive, historically women's college in South Hadley, MA.