Quotes to Inspire Self-Love

Though Valentine’s Day is now behind us, the season of love continues! Though February is often seen as a month for celebrating the love of others, it’s also important to take time to love and appreciate yourself. The following quotes will hopefully inspire you to practice self-love and self-acceptance.

“Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.” -Lucille Ball

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson

“One of the greatest regrets in life is being what others would want you to be, rather than being yourself.” -Shannon L. Alder

“Too many people overvalue what they are not and undervalue what they are.” -Malcolm S. Forbes

“Your time is way too valuable to be wasting on people that can't accept who you are.” -Turcois Ominek

“To love oneself is the beginning of a life-long romance.” -Oscar Wilde

“It is never too late to be what you might have been.”-George Elliot

“I am my own experiment. I am my own work of art.” -Madonna

“Document the moments you feel most in love with yourself - what you’re wearing, who you’re around, what you’re doing. Recreate and repeat.” -Warsan Shire

“When you recover or discover something that nourishes your soul and brings joy, care enough about yourself to make room for it in your life.” -Jean Shinoda Bolen

“We can't be so desperate for love that we forget where we can always find it; within.” -Alexandra Elle

“You alone are enough. You have nothing to prove to anyone.” -Maya Angelou

“To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself.” -Thich Nhat Hanh

“Becoming acquainted with yourself is a price well worth paying for the love that will really address your needs.” -Daphne Rose Kingma

“No one is you and that is your superpower.” -Elyse Santilli

Hopefully you are now thoroughly inspired by these self-love quotes. The next step is to put it into practice. Take some time this weekend to practice self-care. If you’re not certain on what you should do for self-care, check out these 15 Self-Care Ideas!

Images: 1, 2, 3, 4

If you would like to write for Her Campus Mount Holyoke, or if you have any questions or comments for us, please email [email protected].