This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mt Holyoke chapter.

Though Valentine’s Day is now behind us, the season of love continues! Though February is often seen as a month for celebrating the love of others, it’s also important to take time to love and appreciate yourself. The following quotes will hopefully inspire you to practice self-love and self-acceptance.

“Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.” –Lucille Ball

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.” –Ralph Waldo Emerson

“One of the greatest regrets in life is being what others would want you to be, rather than being yourself.” –Shannon L. Alder

“Too many people overvalue what they are not and undervalue what they are.” –Malcolm S. Forbes

“Your time is way too valuable to be wasting on people that can’t accept who you are.” –Turcois Ominek

“To love oneself is the beginning of a life-long romance.” –Oscar Wilde

“It is never too late to be what you might have been.”-George Elliot

“I am my own experiment. I am my own work of art.” –Madonna

“Document the moments you feel most in love with yourself – what you’re wearing, who you’re around, what you’re doing. Recreate and repeat.” –Warsan Shire

“When you recover or discover something that nourishes your soul and brings joy, care enough about yourself to make room for it in your life.” –Jean Shinoda Bolen

“We can’t be so desperate for love that we forget where we can always find it; within.” –Alexandra Elle

“You alone are enough. You have nothing to prove to anyone.” –Maya Angelou

“To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself.” –Thich Nhat Hanh

“Becoming acquainted with yourself is a price well worth paying for the love that will really address your needs.” –Daphne Rose Kingma

“No one is you and that is your superpower.” –Elyse Santilli

Hopefully you are now thoroughly inspired by these self-love quotes. The next step is to put it into practice. Take some time this weekend to practice self-care. If you’re not certain on what you should do for self-care, check out these 15 Self-Care Ideas!

Images: 1, 2, 3, 4

If you would like to write for Her Campus Mount Holyoke, or if you have any questions or comments for us, please email mt-holyoke@hercampus.com.

Sarah Washington is a sophomore at Mount Holyoke College. She is from Wilbraham, Massachusetts. She is a prospective Sociology Major. Sarah's passions include social justice, increased visibility for multiracial individuals, feminism, and LGBT rights. Her other loves include makeup, writing, reading, and music.
Mount Holyoke College is a gender-inclusive, historically women's college in South Hadley, MA.