This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mt Holyoke chapter.

As midterms season continues on, it can be hard to keep up the appearance that one actually has their life together. Here are some quick and easy hairstyles for every hair length and texture you try when you’re feeling the Monday (or Tuesday or any day but the weekend) blues.

For Short hair  

1. Pin the front back

It’s a small change but it really makes a difference and can help cover oily roots! Part your hair to the side, sweep the front section over, and secure with hairpins or a barrette. If you have a little more time, braid the larger section for an easy upgrade.

2. Extreme side part If you don’t already part your hair to the side, this can be a fun change, especially for second-day hair that needs a refresh. Dry shampoo can give volume to the roots, and the natural oil in your hair will help give it a piecey look that’s a little edgy and very cute.

3. Twisted pigtails Super cute and very fun, these pigtail buns won’t make you late for class and look great with that turtleneck you’ve been itching to pull out for fall. Find the tutorial here.

4. Hats galore!

Some hair days just need a hat. Try this cute one from ASOS and show off your GRL PWR while looking on-trend.

For Medium-length hair  

1. 40s Twist

Take the 40s into the modern day with this cute twist for natural hair (tutorial here). You leave the rest of the hair down, or you can pull it into a slick bun for a chic take on a classic.

2. Braid/Bun Take the braids trend up a notch with this cute and deceptively easy updo! Just make a ponytail at whatever height you want the bun to be, and braid the ponytail. Make a bun by wrapping the braid around itself, securing with hair ties or pins. There are tons of variations of this style, so pick the one that most suits your style or skills!

3. Upgraded pony Sometimes you just want to get your hair out of your face and call it a day. Try a traditional pony, but leave some hair out and wrap it around the base, hiding the hair elastic. Secure with a pin. Also consider a low ponytail and accessorizing with a headband or velvet bow, both trends seen on the runway this F/W ‘16-17.

For Long hair

1. Side braid 

This is a fun variation on a French braid and not much more effort. Part your hair in an extreme side part and begin the French braid from the larger side of your hair. Continue around the head, checking in a mirror as you go to make sure you’re getting the angle you want. Tie with a hair tie or, if you’re feeling ~fancy~, a velvet ribbon. If you want something simpler, try an extreme side part and braid your hair on the bigger side over your shoulder.

2. Dutch braids A Dutch braid is different from a French braid in that, instead of braiding over, you braid under, crossing sections under each other to the center while adding hair. It gives more definition to the plait and isn’t any harder than a French braid once you get used to it. To achieve the classic double dutch look, part hair down the center and braid back from the roots, keeping the braid tight. Secure with hair ties.

3. Simple chignon  This might take a little more time than some of the other hairstyles, but it’s so slick and professional that it’s worth it. Tutorial here

Images: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

If you would like to write for Her Campus Mount Holyoke, or if you have any questions or comments for us, please email mt-holyoke@hercampus.com.

Mount Holyoke College is a gender-inclusive, historically women's college in South Hadley, MA.