This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mt Holyoke chapter.

I’ve never been super into podcasts in the past, but with the distinct lack of human interaction in these past few months, I have since become a fan of them. A majority of the podcasts I listen to have been started this year, and most of them are hosted by women in their twenties. I love being able to listen to the contrasting experiences of all of these people, as well as seeing how their advice can be implemented into my own life.

Manifest with Tori DeSimone

Tori DeSimone got her start on YouTube when she was in high-school, but I wouldn’t consider her a typical “influencer.” Towards the end of her high school career, she started doing spin classes and eventually opened her own spin studio at twenty. Twenty! She is now twenty-two and opened a second, seasonal location of her studio this summer. Needless to say, she is a great business woman and gives excellent advice, ranging from entrepreneurship to romance. Tori’s podcast is uploaded every Monday (it’s Manifest Monday) and it’s been around for over a year so you won’t run out of episodes any time soon.

Working 9 to Wine with Carter Sullivan

This is a brand-new podcast with only three episodes (as of Wednesday, November 11th). Carter is a young professional living in Ottawa, Canada, and speaks to her experience as someone working a 9-5 in your early twenties. She works in corporate healthcare, but since she’s only one year postgrad, her content is relatable to current college students. Also, her speaking to her career successes gives me hope for our generation, especially given all the negativity around Gen-Z and job hunting. Carter has a great personality, is obsessed with all things Disney (esp. Frozen) and also has a YouTube channel. Carter does not yet have a specific upload date.

80/20 with Lily Rakow

Lily Rakow is another young woman who got her start on YouTube and slowly branched out to other platforms. Like Carter, her podcast is relatively new, with only five episodes currently released. She comes out with a new episode every Tuesday. Lily is a twenty-year-old college student who definitely has had a unique college experience. While the aspects of her story are not universally applicable, her way with words helps you understand and empathize with what she has gone through. In turn, her sharing all of her emotions and thoughts helps you feel like your story has been heard too. Lily has a very calm and comforting voice, and I think her podcast is a perfect way to start your morning.

David Tennant Does a Podcast With…

Hopefully everyone knows who David Tennant is, but if you don’t, he’s a Scottish actor who has appeared in shows like Dr. WHO and Broadchurch. In addition to being an excellent actor, he is also just a very delightful man, and listening to his podcast, where each episode features a new (incredibly famous) guest, is like a breath of fresh air. His podcast just completed its second season, and my favorite episode so far is the one he did with Neil Gaiman. While the release date of season three is still up in the air, there are plenty of episodes to help pass the time.

Fingers Crossed with Kristee Vetter and Sierra Green

Both twenty-five year olds navigating the post-college job market, Kristee and Sierra are digital older sisters you didn’t know you needed. While they’re from the same state, went to the same college, and both have YouTube channels, their personalities and lives are different enough to cover all bases. Sierra lives in Los Angeles and currently works for Disney as a performer (furloughed due to the pandemic) and Kristee is living in NYC, doing YouTube full time while searching for jobs related to her studies in political science and international peace studies. They are bright, energizing people, and are perfect to listen to for an afternoon pick-me-up.

There are other podcasts that I would recommend, but these are relatively small so I was hoping many people hadn’t heard of them already. These are also the top podcasts on my list currently, and I wanted to share my favorites. I hope you enjoy them! 

If you would like to write for Her Campus Mount Holyoke, or if you have any questions or comments for us, please email hc.mtholyoke@hercampus.com.  

Annabelle Mackson

Mt Holyoke '23

Hi, I'm Annabelle (she/her) and I'm a sophomore at Mount Holyoke! This is my first semester writing for HerCampus and I'm excited to contribute to this group!
Mount Holyoke College is a gender-inclusive, historically women's college in South Hadley, MA.