MoHo Must-Do’s

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mt Holyoke chapter.

In the spirit of graduation in a little over a month, here’s a To-Do list before you graduate!  Even though our lovely seniors may have already missed some of these activities, there’s still time for the rest of you to get your bucket-list together!

1. Mountain Day.  Every MoHo must participate in Mountain Day without an excuse.  What else could be better than a spontaneous hike on a beautiful Fall day and canceled class?!?  But it’s not all that hard to exercise.  No, not especially if you have ice cream waiting for you at the top of the summit.
  2. Convocation.  Even though many students like to stay on summer break for as long as possible, convocation is generally a day before classes begin – so there’s no excuse to not be there!
  3. Pangy Day.  Even though Pangy Day is usually a couple weeks before finals, it’s a good break from being stuck in the library.  There are plenty of activities outside and of course, delicious snacks and food!  Plus, some of the activities date back over a hundred years since the founding days of MoHo!
  4. Spring concert.  SGA hosts an artist every year during the spring for a concert that gives students yet another chance to socialize on campus and to get away from their studies.  Whether you like the artist or not, the great time you’ll have with your friends will be unforgettable.
  5. Equitate.  A lot of students don’t even know where the barn is!  Whether you have been riding for years or have never touched a horse, definitely go greet the ponies before you leave campus.  And if possible, take a couple lessons!
  6. Athletic event.  Though athletics are not a huge part of the average MoHo student, attend a game or two throughout the semester and your time here to unleash your Lyon pride!
  7. Greenhouse.  The Greenhouse puts on a flower show every year in the Spring semester and the themes have ranged from Harry Potter to Mediterranean.  Plus, you get to escape the frigid weather to smell the flowers and feel the warmth.
  8. Art museum.  Did you know we have one of the oldest art museums for a college campus?  It was founded in 1876 and it is still a lively museum with new collections added every year!  They also hold talks and lectures with artists and professors.
  9.  Japanese Tea House.  On Sunday nights, there is meditation in the tea house which is on the top floor of Eliot House.  They also host Japanese Tea Ceremonies there on Wednesday nights, but due to the popularity of the event, you have to sign up for it the week before (and it gets filled pretty fast!).  Or if you just want a taste of Japan, you can also request a tour.
  10.  Tower Room.  Even though the Tower Room in Clapp is now locked, it is still worth an attempt (I’m not suggesting a B&E here, but it’s worth a try).  It provides a clear view of the campus and the valley – a perfect place to chill or study.
Sin Than

Mt Holyoke

Hello!!I'm Phyu-Sin, co-EIC of Her Campus Mt. Holyoke. Come to me with any concerns, questions, or comments, and my doors will always be open to you.