Maia Ben Shoshan

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mt Holyoke chapter.

Maia Ben Shoshan 

Hometown: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Major: Film Studies 

Year: 2013

You currently help photograph and film the Network’s events, what do you love most about it?

When photographing or filming the Network’s events, I love capturing the amount of fun people are having and the handwork that the Network puts into planning their events. Its also a great way to promote the Networks events, so I love editing the videos for people to watch and get excited to go to the next event.  

You are currently a film major, when did you know you wanted to pursue film studies? 

In my Freshman year, I took an Introduction to Film Class for fun. However, by the end of the semester, I had fallen in love with film and just wanted to take more film classes. 

You interned at the Cannes Film Festival last summer, how was your experience? 

Interning at the Cannes film festival was one of the most incredible experiences of my life. It was two weeks of being in a fast pace, non-stop film world! I worked at the American Pavilion Tent in the International Village. I was also able to watch some of the films that were being screened and meet with several industry professionals. 

What would your dream job be? 

My dream job would be to work for an amazing production company or have my own production company and produce great films. I would also love to screenwrite my own film and have it produced! 

What are you looking forward to the most after graduation? 

After I graduate, I am looking forward to moving back to Philadelphia and finding an internship or job in the film industry. 

Favorite film? 

That is such a hard question! I would have to say that my favorite film is Shawshank Redemption or Rear Window. 

Favorite film class at Mount Holyoke? 

I am currently taking a screenwriting course that I absolutely love! 

Leen Hajjar

Mt Holyoke

Sin Than

Mt Holyoke

Hello!!I'm Phyu-Sin, co-EIC of Her Campus Mt. Holyoke. Come to me with any concerns, questions, or comments, and my doors will always be open to you.