andrew neel z55CR d0ayg unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
andrew neel z55CR d0ayg unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mt Holyoke chapter.

Name: Lucy Frasier

Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Class Year: 2019

Hometown: Amherst, MA

Major: International Relations 

What do you do at the CDC?

I post jobs that come through our email database and from alumni reaching out to us onto LyonNet jobs; I post everything onto LyonNet. I also respond to emails through our LyonNet Gmail account, check new employers for legitimacy, clean the calendars, and I help run information sessions.

It sounds like you do everything.

Yeah, kind of. I do a lot. And I also sometimes work on projects. For instance, this summer I worked on a legitimacy test because we have had a lot of scammers coming through our system, and we haven’t had a proper way to check them, but they’ve certainly gotten smarter. So, I devised a point system where below a certain point we know they’re a scam and above that point we know they’re good. And that, I think, has helped.

Last year, you were in the First-Year Focus dorm and it was a new community then. What’s your takeaway from the first-year dorm?

I think it was great because our whole floor basically became friends. As sad as it sounds, I feel like seniors and first-years, even on a great campus like Mount Holyoke, are just not as likely to be friends because you’re in different places in life and you might not be able to connect as well. But when you’re all in the same boat, it’s easier to form friendships.

What advice would you give to first-years at Mount Holyoke?

Don’t look at your major as “I need to take this major cause I can’t have this job if I don’t do this major,” because it’s really not true. Most jobs just want you to have a bachelor’s degree so you should just study what you really care about even if it’s not going to help you in the career world in concrete ways. It will still help you in other ways because the liberal arts experience will always help you along your career, but just study what you want to study.

What’s your favorite TV show right now?

The Daily Show with Trevor Noah. I’m a really big fan of comedy. I don’t really get through movies or TV shows if they’re not funny. I feel like comedy is the only genre I like because why would I watch something that’s gonna make me cry when I could watch something that’s gonna make me laugh? Watch someone get roasted, it’s really fun!  

Who are your favorite YouTubers or YouTube channels?

I still like Jenna Marbles. I know she’s been around for awhile, and yeah, she’s kinda old now, but I still love Jenna Marbles. I also like watching inspirational videos. I watch Mimi Ikonn, she’s a really awesome YouTuber. She gives really good career advice. She does a lot of travel vlogs, so you can see all these cool places she’s going.

What type of music do you like?

Probably alternative pop type music, like Coldplay. Sometimes I like me some Nicki Minaj and Beyoncé. Oh, and my French rap, I can’t forget about my French rap. I listen to La Fouine. I listen to a lot of French music. I like the French language; it just sounds nice to my ears.

What are you most looking forward to this year as a sophomore?

Honestly, just having all this work behind me because I can see that between applying to internships, and finishing all the schoolwork and going to work, it’s gonna be really hard. I’m just looking forward to moving on and exploring whether I can study abroad next year.

Where would you like to study abroad?

Well, I’d really like to go to Morocco, but I don’t think we have a program there. So I’m probably gonna go to France. Why Morocco? Morocco’s frickin’ gorgeous man, have you not seen photos of Morocco? And they speak French and I want to develop my French.

What’s your favorite place on campus?

If it’s not my bed, probably Rao’s!

If you would like to write for Her Campus Mount Holyoke, or if you have any questions or comments for us, please email mt-holyoke@hercampus.com.

Gauri Ganjoo

Mt Holyoke '19

I was the Co-Campus Coordinator of Her Campus Mt Holyoke for during my senior year of college. where I learnt so much and got to help others find their voice. I graduated in 2019 from Mount Holyoke College with a degree in Mathematics and a minor in Film Studies.
Mount Holyoke College is a gender-inclusive, historically women's college in South Hadley, MA.