This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mt Holyoke chapter.

I love buying from indie brands, especially from those that hand make their items; there’s something so pure in owning something you know someone put effort into to make it beautiful. All of these brands have been on my radar for quite some time now, but I have yet to purchase anything from them. When I do my next online shopping spree, these shops will be the first on my list.

Dear Dahlia

I keep getting Instagram ads for this brand and I have been drawn in by the gorgeous sparkly eyeshadow featured in their pictures. Needless to say, their advertising has been successful. Dear Dahlia is cruelty-free and vegan, and while it’s a little on the pricey side, I would be willing to pay extra for good quality. I really want to buy some of their eye products, but I want to read some reviews before I splurge on a palette. 

Emily Paige Co. 

This is such a cute little shop! I especially like their stickers and t-shirts, and the iced coffee sticker will probably find its way onto a computer case of mine sometime in the future. I also think this shop’s products would be perfect for gifts: a t-shirt or sweatshirt with some stickers and a key-chain from them would make an awesome present for someone.

Emi Jay

I have notoriously thick and unmanageable hair, and while I love the claw clip trend, I have never been able to find one that will actually hold up my hair. I don’t know if I would buy their actual claw clips, but the name “big effing clip” does sound promising. However, I love their aesthetic, and I will most likely buy one (or more) of their butterfly clips because they’re absolutely gorgeous.

AlwaysKindnessCo.

An Etsy account dedicated to One Direction and Harry Styles fan merch, what more do I have to say? Their stuff is adorable and seems to be of quite good quality too!

Cariissima Accessories

I found out about this shop from a YouTuber in 2020, and I’ve wanted to get stuff from there ever since. Their stuff looks like great quality and everything seems super affordable. One of their daisy chain necklaces reminds me of something I had when I was little; that will definitely be in my cart, along with their beaded cherry earrings.

Supporting indie brands is always important, but especially right now. With people being laid off or furloughed, many have turned to their “side-hustles” or passion projects to sustain themselves. I look forward to shopping at these stores, and I hope you do too! 

If you would like to write for Her Campus Mount Holyoke, or if you have any questions or comments for us, please email hc.mtholyoke@hercampus.com.  

Annabelle Mackson

Mt Holyoke '23

Hi, I'm Annabelle (she/her) and I'm a sophomore at Mount Holyoke! This is my first semester writing for HerCampus and I'm excited to contribute to this group!
Mount Holyoke College is a gender-inclusive, historically women's college in South Hadley, MA.