Fun Event Ideas for Student Orgs to do over Zoom

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mt Holyoke chapter.

With the pandemic still going on, most college campuses are doing things remotely. This leaves student organizations and clubs to find new ways to provide new students with a fun experience of being a part of a student org. As president of Chorale, my fellow board members and I are trying to come up with new ways to bring together our community through social events. Since not everyone is on campus, we’ve had to move to do everything online. If your student org is trying to figure out what kinds of social events to do this semester, I have you covered. Here are some ideas of fun activities to do virtually with your student org. 

1. Watch party 

Whether it be through Netflix, Disney+, Amazon Prime, or any other streaming network, a movie night with people is always a great idea. And with the watch party feature, you can chat with people about what you are watching. 

Charles

2. Games Night 

Since the pandemic, some gaming companies have decided to make an online version of their games so that people can play with each other even when they are many miles away from each other. Some options include Cards against Humanity and Uno. 

man doing card flourish
Photo by hanpen2 from Pixabay

3. Craft Night 

Get those creative juices flowing with a craft night. For instance, you can find free downloadable coloring pages and send them to the members of your student org. Then, you plan a night where you all get together via Zoom and color together. Or you can do collage night where each member gathers any old magazines or newspapers, cut out parts, and glue them onto a piece of paper. 

watercolor set with paintbrushes and notebook on wooden table
Photo by Tim Arterbury from Unsplash

4. Zoom Dinner

Cook up a nice meal for yourself and log onto Zoom for some social time with friends. 

Korean food
Photo by Jakub Kapusnak from Unsplash

Hope some of these ideas are fun for you and your student org! 

If you would like to write for Her Campus Mount Holyoke, or if you have any questions or comments for us, please email hc.mtholyoke@hercampus.com.    

Emma Goldin

Mt Holyoke '21

Hi guys! My name is Emma Goldin and I am from San Francisco, California. I am a psychology and education major at Mount Holyoke College! I am part of the class of 2021! My interests include writing, singing, reading, playing guitars, and hanging out with my friends and family.
Mount Holyoke College is a gender-inclusive, historically women's college in South Hadley, MA.