This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mt Holyoke chapter.

1. Monster Mash Scream Park at McCray’s Farm

Location: 55 Alvord St., South Hadley, MA

Price: $15-20 (depending on your height)

Hours: Every Friday, Saturday & Sunday from September 30 through October 30 starting at 7:00pm continuing until the last rider runs screaming!

Attractions: The Monster Mash Kiddie Hayride, Massacre Manor, and a Haunted House modeled off of a Genetic Research Facility

If you want something to scream about then take a trip down to the Monster Mash Scream, a haunted theme park only 5 minutes from campus. Expect to see people dressed in elaborate costumes, zombies chasing you and a haunted hayride drawing in visitors from all over western Massachusetts. The Monster Mash Haunted Hayride is the place to be on weekends in October. Every year, there is more and more things added to the attraction, scenes get scarier and more interactive, and many new customers flock to the little farm in South Hadley to be scared.

2. Dickinson Farm & Greenhouse

Location: 309 East State Street, Granby, MA

Price: Free entrance, additional costs for food, etc.

Hours: Every day running now until October 30 starting at 8:00am- 7:00pm

Attractions: Farm Stands adorned with pumpkins, apples, corn stalks, gourds, fall decorations and more

If you’re looking for an event that’s laid-back, fun for anyone, and something to satiate your aggressive appetite, then the Dickinson Farm is for you. Upon entering, you are immediately engulfed with the sweet aroma of freshly baked apple cider donuts paired with sweet apple cider juice. On the other side of the farm is a plethora of different home-grown fruits and vegetables. However, the crispy pink lady apples picked straight from the vine are the main attraction. Outside, the farm is surrounded with bright orange pumpkins varying in size as snuggable dogs nearby are helping guard the precious jack-o-lanterns. Once you’re done stuffing yourself/your mouth with delicious treats, 200 acres of farmland awaits to be explored. There you can find plants, fresh apple trees, and pumpkin patches galore. It is the perfect festivity to get you, along with your friends, in the mood for Halloween!

3. Mike’s Maze and Mike’s at Night

Location: 23 South Main Street, Sutherland, MA

Price: Ranges from $12-20 (depending on which attraction you choose to visit—additional costs for game tokens).

Hours: Mike’s Maze is open Saturdays and Sundays from 10am-5pm running through to November 6th. Mike’s at Night is open on Friday and Saturday nights from 7pm-11pm running through to October 29th.

Attractions: Kid’s play area, corn maze, pedal carts, haunted maze, flashlight maze, potato blasters, and other fun games the entire family can enjoy

Although it is a bit of a hike to get to Mike’s Maze, approximately 30 minutes from Mount Holyoke, it is well worth the trip. When going to Mike’s Maze expect to encounter fun activities, games, and amusements to entertain the entire family. Every year Mike’s Maze hosts a brand new maze, a ride on a horse drawn wagon, petting zoos, pumpkin picking, and delicious cuisine. One of the more popular attractions is the garden’s Chilifest, a two-day inviting local residents to dish out their best chili creations. Mike’s at Night, though, offers an entirely different side to the maze, one more related to the spooky spirit of Halloween. Some of the more popular attractions are the Zombie Night Patrol where people ride on a wagons while have an epic paintball fight. Another huge attraction is the Haunted Maze, a nighttime walk through Mike’s haunted corn fields. Don’t worry, though, if you’re afraid of the dark. Mike’s also offers the option of carrying a flashlight. Expect to be in for a treat, not a trick, when checking out Mike’s Maze and Mike’s at Night this Halloween.

For more fun and spooky events check out Sarah’s article where she offers up different shows festive for Halloween, haunted houses, and even a tribute to Salem, MA.

If you would like to write for Her Campus Mount Holyoke, or if you have any questions or comments for us, please email mt-holyoke@hercampus.com.

Just your average teenage girl living life in College, but with the occasional and very honest stories about the harsh and surprising realities of school. To sum me up in one sentence I would have to say I'm initially shy and introverted but once you get to know me I can really open up and make you laugh! I love veggies, animals, theatre, dance, lifting, running, and Selena Gomez's new album, she's bae. I also love snapchat and instagram so you should follow me @camik14
Mount Holyoke College is a gender-inclusive, historically women's college in South Hadley, MA.