This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mt Holyoke chapter.

This year, the red carpet at the 76th Golden Globes was filled with colors not only in the outfits, but also in the makeup. Below are three makeup looks from the awards incorporating bold colors that might stun and inspire you. 

1. Emily Blunt’s Silver Eyes

According The Hollywood Reporter, Jessica Paster, Emily Blunt’s stylist for the 76th Golden Globes, mentioned that Blunt’s look was Victorian inspired. The actress also matched her dress with silver eyes makeup. She was definitely invoking the Freya the Ice Queen from her 2016 film The Huntsman: Winter’s War. And let’s admit, her makeup is perfect for these snowy days. Streicher used Diorshow Mono in 554 Minimalism on the actress; however, NYX Prismatic Eyeshadow in Frostbite will surely not mess up your student budget plan. 

NYX Professional Prismatic Eyeshadow in Frostbite – $6 at Ulta Beauty

2. Lupita Nyong’o: Blue lashes.  

It seems that her breathtaking floral violet gown at the 2015 Golden Globes, with the matching dreamy purple eyeshadow, had crowned Nyong’o as queen of the red carpet. This year, we could not take our eyes away from her Calvin Klein blue gown layered with silver strings. The actress paired her overall look with fluttery blue lashes and the same tone of liner in her waterlines. If you are daring to pop some electric blue on your eyes, L’Oreal Paris Voluminous Mascara in 900 Cobalt Blue and Milani Stay Put Waterproof Eyeliner Pencil in 05 Keep On Sapphire will be your best bet. 

L’Oreal Paris Voluminous Mascara in 900 Cobalt Blue – $7.99 at Ulta Beauty

Milani Stay Put Waterproof Eyeliner Pencil in 05 Keep On Sapphire – $6.99 at Target

3. Camilla Belle’s teal eyeshadow.  

The 10,000 BC star was a Hollywood gem when wearing a royal blue gown embroidered with emerald floral. The jeweled applique along the off-shoulder accent added an edgy touch. Words cannot describe how stunning Belle looked in smoky teal shadow. Although it’s lighter, with its creamy and pigmented color payoff, ColourPop Pressed Powder Shadow in Tiny Tangerines will help attract all attention to your eyes. 

ColourPop Pressed Powder Shadow in Tiny Tangerines

To be honest, I have not watched the full 76th Golden Globes. However, with its list of nominees and winners, and the red carpet looks, this year ceremony did not disappoint me. Just from looking at Blunt, Nyong’o, Bella, or at any other actresses’ looks, you will be speechless. 

Photos: 1 2 3 4 5 6 8

If you would like to write for Her Campus Mount Holyoke, or if you have any questions or comments for us, please email mt-holyoke@hercampus.com

Thien An (she/her/hers) is currently a junior at Mount Holyoke College, majoring in English, with a minor in History.
Mount Holyoke College is a gender-inclusive, historically women's college in South Hadley, MA.