This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mt Holyoke chapter.

Name: Bobbie Green

Class year: 2019

Hometown: Croton-on-Hudson, NY

Major/Minor: Film Studies/Politics (Intended)

What made you choose to go to Mount Holyoke College?

I applied Early Decision to MHC. Mount Holyoke has a great community feel to it. It’s a beautiful campus and offers an amazing education.

What has been your favorite event at Mount Holyoke so far and why?

My favorite event as of now is Dis-O. I loved bonding with the upperclasspeople and underclasspeople. It was an incredibly upbeat and fun break from studying for both the seniors and the first years.

If you’ve decided on a major, what led you to choose that major?

I haven’t definitely decided on a major or declared it, but I’m leaning towards Film Studies. I love film and making film and would like to do so as a career. I loved making films throughout high school and once I started to study them I fell in love. I’d love to become a Director of Photography and work with incredible directors to make a movies or TV shows.

What clubs and orgs are you involved with on campus?

I’m the President of 2019 Class Board, we organize old class traditions and create new, fun traditions. I am also a member of Film Society where we watch films and occasionally make our own!

Why did you want to be president of the 2019 class board?

I wanted to be involved in representing my class in some way. In high school I was our class VP senior year. At first I was a little nervous about running for President and considered VP, but with some encouragement from my friends, I was persuaded to switch to running for President.

What has been the most challenging thing about being on the class board?

The most challenging thing about being on class board is probably appealing to as many people as we can. We try our best to satisfy everyone’s needs and requests but sometimes, unfortunately, we fall short.

What is your favorite spot on campus?

Well, when it’s nice and sunny, like this past week has been, I love hanging out near the Amphitheater. It’s really relaxing to do work in the sun and then procrastinate work and play frisbee with friends.

Do you have any pets?

I have a dog! His name is Shoeshine (which is Underdog’s alias, I thought it was really cool when I was twelve) and I miss him a ton. He’s a black lab mix and loves hanging out and having lazy days.

If you would like to write for Her Campus Mount Holyoke, please email mt-holyoke@hercampus.com.

Casey Linenberg

Mt Holyoke '19

Hi! I'm co-Campus Correspondent for Mount Holyoke's chapter of Her Campus. In addition to HC, I study English and am a member of our campus newspaper.
Mount Holyoke College is a gender-inclusive, historically women's college in South Hadley, MA.