This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mt Holyoke chapter.

With the seemingly endless selection of TV shows on Netflix, it can seem nearly impossible to figure out which shows are binge-worthy. Look no further: this list is here to help you. Whether you are looking for a sitcom, animated series, drama, or telenovela, this list has you covered.

Anne with an E (2017)

If you are looking for a wholesome tv show filled with beautiful scenery and a feminist undertone, Anne with an E is the perfect show for you. Anne with an E is a wonderful film adaption of the 1908 novel Anne of Green Gables written by Lucy Maud Montgomery. This show takes place in 1890 on Prince Edward Island when an imaginative, unique, and strong-willed 13-year-old orphan Anne Shirley transforms the lives of those she encounters after accidentally being sent to live with elderly siblings Marilla and Matthew Cuthbert on Prince Edward Island.

Ratched (2020)

If you liked Bates Motel, then you are sure to love Ratched. Ratched is a suspenseful drama series that is a prequel to the film adaptation One Flew Over The Cuckoo’s Nest. This series tells the origin story of asylum nurse Mildred Ratched. In 1947, Ratched arrived in Northern California to seek employment at a leading psychiatric hospital where new and disturbing experiments had begun on the human mind. Ratched presents herself as a seemingly dedicated and stylish nurse who harbors a dark nature.

Bridgeton (2020)

The beautiful costumes, music, and cottagecore and royalcore aesthetic make Bridgerton the perfect show to binge-watch. Bridgerton is based on the book series by Julia Quinn. This show takes place during the Regency era in England and explores the lives of eight siblings’ journey through finding love. 

The Seven Deadly Sins (2014)

If you like drama and fantasy, you will love The Seven Deadly Sins. The Seven Deadly Sins is a Japanese manga fantasy series written and illustrated by Nakaba Suzuki that was adapted into an anime television series. The Seven Deadly Sins are a band of knights in the land of Britannia who disbanded for ten years due to being framed for plotting to overthrow the Liones Kingdom. During this time the evil Holy Knights take over and princess Elizabeth Liones searches to find The Seven Deadly Sins to free the kingdom from the rule of the Holy Knights.

Dear White People (2017)

Dear White People is a comedy-drama satire on Netflix that follows several Black college students at the Ivy League institution Winchester University as they navigate modern day American race relations. Through the use of irony, self-deprecating jokes, and brutal honesty, Dear White People forces viewers to wake up and see the issues that are plaguing society.

Yo soy Betty, la fea  (I am Betty the ugly one) (2001)

Yo soy Betty, la fea is a Colombian telenovela that is about a woman named Betty who is a smart economist that lives with her parents in Bogotá. After experiencing many difficulties finding a job, Betty finally lands a secretary job in a company called Ecomoda where she ends up falling for her boss.

I hope this list gave you some inspiration for shows to binge watch on Netflix.

If you would like to write for Her Campus Mount Holyoke, or if you have any questions or comments for us, please email hc.mtholyoke@hercampus.com.  

Hi everyone my name is Sophia Erivbieta. I am a freshman at Mount Holyoke and I go by the she/her pronouns. I plan on majoring in philosophy and psychology.
Mount Holyoke College is a gender-inclusive, historically women's college in South Hadley, MA.