This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mt Holyoke chapter.

Valentine’s Day is certainly one of the most polarizing holidays of all time. It can be dreadful to spend alone or beautiful to spend with another. However, it doesn’t have to be dreadful or lonely. You can indulge in Galentine’s Day with your besties and still enjoy the festivities. Your best friend can still be your person. With that being said, these are some of my favorite movies I spent my weekend watching. 

Photo by freestocks from Unsplash

To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before

This trilogy of movies makes for the perfect movie marathon night. They are light-hearted and cute to watch with either your best friend or significant other. The diverse (and objectively beautiful) cast is a bonus and the storyline is a great teen romance. The first two movies are already on Netflix, and the third one comes out this holiday. Overall, this is a great series of movies to make you feel like you are in high school again. 

Leap Year

This movie is perhaps one of the funniest I have ever seen. When a woman decides she is done waiting for her boyfriend to propose she goes on a mission to make her own proposal. That being said, things obviously don’t go as planned. The comedy entwined in this romance is all elements of a great Valentine’s Day movie for friends or partners. 

Disney plus on tv on stand showing disney plus
Photo by Marques Kaspbrak from Unsplash

About Time

This is my favorite movie of all time and it is even more perfect for this holiday. It is a funny love story with the perfect cast, perfect scenery, and perfect soundtrack. I love this movie for its light-hearted plot and happy ending. This makes for a cozy night with the people or person you love. 

Pink neon love sign
Photo by Shaira Dela Peña from Unsplash

Bridget Jones’ Diary

This has always been one of my mom’s favorites. It is hysterically funny and always an easy watch. The good news is, if you like it there are plenty of sequels to continue the fun with. The newest one even stars Patrick Dempsey. This makes it very appealing to both young and older audiences. 

romantic dinner setting
Photo by TerriC from Pixabay

No matter how you choose to spend your V-Day, there is always fun to be had. Watch a good movie with whoever you want and eat some good candy. These movies might just be your new favorites. 

If you would like to write for Her Campus Mount Holyoke, or if you have any questions or comments for us, please email hc.mtholyoke@hercampus.com.  

Suzannah Gray

Mt Holyoke '22

Class: 2022 Major(s): Geology and Politics Homestate: Maine! Interests: Crafts, Knitting, Puzzles
Mount Holyoke College is a gender-inclusive, historically women's college in South Hadley, MA.