Style > Beauty

7 Things to Do While Wearing Glossier’s Skywash

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mt Holyoke chapter.

This past week Glossier launched Skywash, a matte liquid-to-powder eyeshadow that can be applied with a doe foot applicator and with no brush necessary! Skywash comes in 7 shades inspired by, quoting their Instagram caption, “unglazed pottery, dreamy Southwestern landscapes, and vivid David Hockney paintings.” I thought I’d come up with 7 fun activities to do in the summer time while wearing each of these gorgeous new eye colors! Honestly, this whole concept is merely an excuse for me to buy some more Glossier.

Arthur\'s Seat in Edinburgh, Scotland
Laura Cavalenes

Pool, a cornflower blue, is perfect for a picnic. When I see a picnic in my mind’s eye, I envision open grass under a blue sky on the perfect summer day. This shade appears like it would brighten the eyes; it’s a shockingly icy sort of blue that pops, which is really gorgeous. 

Flowers Florist
Alex Frank / Spoon

Pebble is a velvety mauve. I’d wear Pebble to a farmer’s market. It reminds me of the flower stand which sits, piles of bouquets, tucked into a corner of every farmer’s market I’ve ever been to. 

rose wine
Kaboompics via Pexels

Echo would look perfect to a dinner out, date night on a patio on a summer’s evening. It’s a rich cocoa brown, a lovely dark and dusted wash of color. Glossier describes Skywash as giving a “diffused, soft effect” in their product description. If this holds true, imagine the potential for a romantic smoky eye in Echo!

Cam Morin via Unsplash

Terra, my personal favorite, is a burnt sienna. This particular shade definitely holds to their “unglazed pottery” comparison. Terra deserves to be shown off on a day of shopping, or window shopping, whatever the case may be! Now, I’m not talking at the mall, I mean take this Skywash around a lane of shops, popping inside and out, show her off!

Breakfast food
Unsplash

Valley is a warm peach color that demands to be taken to brunch. Pair this Skywash with a peachy blush for a monochromatic look, and you’ll light up the room! I don’t think there’s anything quite like peach shades in makeup. Truly the best!

Seaside
Fabian Wiktor / Pexels

Palm, a golden beige, would absolutely style up a beach day. It’s a subtle color that appears as a delicate sunshine on the eyelids. What could better compliment a day of sand and sun? It’s so light that on different skin tones it seems to adapt to just the right kind of glow, nothing too in-your-face yellow. Skywash is all about the soft and light, as opposed to more harshly pigmented eye looks.

low angle of green trees
Immortal Shots

Lawn is reminiscent of sunlight shining through the leaves of thriving summer foliage, so it’d be sublime on a walk or hike. This fresh green is a pop of vibrance! I think it would be fun to play around with outfits to pair with this Skywash. 

I hope this article has sufficiently introduced you to Glossier’s newest product and will motivate you to go check Skywash out! There’s such potential!

If you would like to write for Her Campus Mount Holyoke, or if you have any questions or comments for us, please email hc.mtholyoke@hercampus.com.

Rachael Amoruso

Mt Holyoke '22

Hi, I'm Rachael! I'm a sophomore and an English and Italian double major! I love dogs, eating pastries, being outdoors, and writing. Most of all, I love Mount Holyoke! #redpegasus
Mount Holyoke College is a gender-inclusive, historically women's college in South Hadley, MA.