This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mt Holyoke chapter.

We all know that a bad ending can completely ruin a good show. I mean, just take a look at what happened to Game of Thrones: it went from being considered one of the greatest shows of all time to a disgrace, in large part due to the final season. It was hard to watch its decline. Or some shows seem like they’ll never end; I’ve definitely given up on shows that have no end in sight. However, there are shows out there with great endings, an ending that perfectly wraps up everything with a bow on top. I’ve compiled a list of 5 shows with satisfying endings. There are no spoilers in case you haven’t seen one of these shows!

Orphan Black

I don’t think anyone was disappointed by the ending of this show. Anyone who watched this show all the way through would be happy with the end. This show follows Sarah, who finds out she is actually a clone and is a part of a bigger scandal. It’s a must-watch for fans of sci-fi or drama shows, and the ending is amazing. 

The West Wing

This ending is bittersweet. It perfectly wraps up the end of the Bartlet administration and the show as a whole nicely. I honestly didn’t have high hopes for the end of this show, but I really should’ve known better. After following the members of President Bartlet’s staff for seven seasons and getting to really know each character, it was harder to leave than I thought. 

Made with Canva

She-Ra and the Princesses of Power

The final season was released last summer, and I again wasn’t sure how the show would wrap up. It seemed like there was so much that the characters needed to accomplish, but it all worked out in the end. The ending was different from most children’s shows where the power of friendship and love conquers all. I mean, sure, that’s part of it here, but the events of the past war are still heavy on the minds of characters but all are still able to find happiness. 

Avatar the Last Airbender

Similarly, Avatar the Last Airbender also doesn’t follow the common friendship trope (not that there’s anything wrong with that). Its final season focuses mostly on the group gearing up for the final fight. Through it all, we get to see the characters grow even more, and the ending is just *chef’s kiss*. None of the characters sacrifice who they are in order to win, and I think that is one of the most important parts of this ending.

The Good Place

I’m sure I’m not alone in placing this here, and I’m sure I wasn’t the only one to cry at the ending. This ending is a perfect combination of comedy and bittersweetness that you can’t help but love. Each character’s final plotline was perfect for them, and I couldn’t imagine the ending any other way. 

Some honorable mentions: The Haunting of Bly Manor, Sense8, Community

This list is also great if you are in need of something to binge watch or just need something that you know won’t leave you disappointed. Happy watching! 

If you would like to write for Her Campus Mount Holyoke, or if you have any questions or comments for us, please email hc.mtholyoke@hercampus.com.  

Michaela Phelan

Mt Holyoke '22

I am an International Relations major who just really likes to read, listen to music, and watch tv.
Mount Holyoke College is a gender-inclusive, historically women's college in South Hadley, MA.