5 Things All Moho Students Need to Survive the Winter

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mt Holyoke chapter.

It is coming! The wind, the snow, the cold, and the ice! Winter is here but are you prepared? Before it gets any worse, you need restock your closet with essential necessities that will help to make your winter experience go more smoothly! Here are 5 items you can’t go without this winter:

1. Chapstick: Yes, it’s that time again. Your lips freeze up as soon as you step outside. My suggestion: Burt’s Bees nourishing lip balm with mango butter! This amazing lip balm will make your lips smooth and ready for the winter!

2. A warm scarf: This is essential if you want to beat the nasty weather. A cute, yet warm scarf will keep you nice and comfy. Don’t forget to match it with a nice pair of gloves. My suggestion: Make sure to have a chunky knit scarf stocked in your closet for protection from the brutal cold.

3. A good pair of leggings: Whether you want to wear them as pants or as an extra layer under something else, leggings are an essential part of getting through this winter. Not only are they super comfy, but also really cute with any outfit. My suggestion: H&M Fleece Lined Leggings.

4. A hat: Hats are a stylish way to keep warm this winter. They trap the heat in, but look super cute at the same time! Don’t be afraid to jazz your outfit up with fun colors and styles! My suggestion: MUK LUKS Snowflake Earflap Hat

5. A warm pair of boots: This is probably the most important item you could ever own! A comfortable, yet cute pair of winter boots can get you through this winter. My suggestion: Timberland Over the Chill Cold Weather Boots. I suggest getting black boots because they can  go with any outfit. 

May the force be with you!

Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Deborah Fashole-Luke is a Mount Holyoke College graduate who majored is Psychology with a minor in English. She is pleased to have served as Her Campus Mt. Holyoke's former co-Campus Correspondent and co-President from 2015 to 2018. In her spare time Deborah enjoys reading, baking, playing football (soccer), listening to good music, and watching movies. She also loves spending time with family and friends!