10 Outfits That Rihanna Pulled Off that No One Else Could Get Away With

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mt Holyoke chapter.

Rihanna is such a fashion goddess. However, sometimes it’s hard not to wonder how she manages to pull off some of the most questionable outfits that anyone else who tried to wear would not get away with in the same way. I don’t know what it is about her, but her confidence in herself and her style go a long way for her, as well as her IDGAF attitude. Here are 10 examples of some of the most questionable outfits that Rihanna has worn that she (somehow) managed to pull off:

1. This dress that almost looks like a nightgown (paired with casual walking shoes)

2. This (itchy looking) dress that looks like the one you begged your mom not to make you wear to church as a kid

3. This all pink outfit that she’s rocking that would make anyone else look like a flamingo

4. This orange and black two-piece with a bulky and wavy looking skirt

5. This ogre-green dress/jumpsuit made to blow in the wind. This outfit would be impossible to pull off on anyone else, but paired with her jewelry, classy and sultry makeup and hair, Rihanna is killing the game as always!

6. This isn’t exactly an outfit that she managed to pull off, but rather the bright pink hair in this picture. Very few people can pull off pink hair, but she looks cute as ever here!

7. These different variations of suits that aren’t work appropriate, but she’s still working it!

8. This all denim outfit, paired even with denim style shoes which would be a fashion faux pas on anyone else.

9. This wing-sleeved full-length jumpsuit with shoulder pads that almost has too much going on. Rihanna rocks this turquoise colour with self-possession and grace

10. I’m on the fence about whether or not she pulled this one off, but here’s Rihanna still looking beautiful and poised as ever!

Rihanna and her outfits are testament to the fact that if you do anything with confidence no one can really make you feel uncomfortable in your own skin and in who you are. So in anything you do in life, make sure to step into her shoes and know that you are amazing and show everyone that!

Image Sources: Cover, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

If you would like to write for Her Campus Mount Holyoke, or if you have any questions or comments for us, please email mt-holyoke@hercampus.com.

Deborah Fashole-Luke is a Mount Holyoke College graduate who majored is Psychology with a minor in English. She is pleased to have served as Her Campus Mt. Holyoke's former co-Campus Correspondent and co-President from 2015 to 2018. In her spare time Deborah enjoys reading, baking, playing football (soccer), listening to good music, and watching movies. She also loves spending time with family and friends!