This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

One of the best times of the year is approaching: Christmas list-making time. If you’re like me, you start your list the day after Halloween, with Mariah Carey’s “All I Want For Christmas Is You” playing in the background. 

It seems we all have things we want throughout the entire year, and then when it comes to actually asking for them, we have no ideas. If you’re stuck this holiday season on what to ask for from friends and family, don’t fret. Here are 5 ideas to ask for as a Christmas gift!

Skincare Products

Skincare products have become increasingly popular the last few years, with many different lines coming out constantly. Some personal favorites are The Ordinary brand, Paula’s Choice, and La Roche-Posay. This is an easy gift to ask for from anyone.

Dainty Jewelry

Jewelry can almost never be a bad gift. Dainty pieces are very in right now, especially gold. These can be found almost anywhere, and can be inexpensive. Ask for staple pieces that you know you will get good use out of.

Dyson Airwrap

You have probably seen this all over your For You Page, but the Dyson Airwrap is the perfect gift to ask for if you are a broke college student (like me). It is all the rage and will leave your hair looking flawless and wind-blown in the best way!

Sneakers

Fun sneakers are a great gift to give to anyone, because they can be so personable. There are so many different colors, styles, and brands to choose from that you can find a pair for anyone. Plus, no one can have enough shoes, right?

DIY Nail Set

Acrylics are so fun and pretty, but can break the bank for college students. Ask for a kit and learn how to apply them yourself and on your friends! This gift will give you something to do and save you a lot of money.

Anna is a sophomore at Michigan State, studying journalism with a minor in public relations. Take Jess from New Girl, Elle Woods from Legally Blonde, and Monica from Friends, and you have summed up Anna's personality in one. She is a big fan of watching sunrises and sunsets, and you can always find her catching up with friends and family.