This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

I honestly never thought I would join a dating app. I have heard every critique about these apps and very few success stories. Despite this, I knew I had to try Bumble for one reason: the ability to say I’ve tried a dating app. So, here’s my experience with Bumble’s dating setting.

After creating my profile, I began to swipe left, right, left, left, right… it was actually pretty entertaining, viewing all the profiles. I matched with some different guys, and I found it interesting that I, as a female, had to initiate the conversation. At first, I was slightly nervous to start. What if they didn’t respond? What if they say something creepy? How do I even begin? After a couple of no-response instances, a few different boys responded. It was interesting to get to know some, and now I am even friends with a certain boy. 

Dating apps, as cliche as it sounds, are a great example of perspectives. I learned more about other people and their reasons for joining Bumble. I also have come to appreciate how encouraging the app is for females. It’s typical for a man to initiate a relationship, but Bumble proves that women can take charge as well. 

I’m not sure I’ll ever use a dating app again simply due to my personal preferences, but my time on Bumble was very interesting. Though I only walked away with one new friendship, I still feel as though I’ve learned something new about dating and about myself. There’s definitely a buzz around Bumble, and it is worth the hype. 

A Michigan State University student by day, an 8-hour sleeper by night Aditi would best describe herself as a "rather simple enigma." As she embarks on her college journey, Aditi cherishes the simple things in life: a cup of coffee, some pastel post-it notes, and her ever-growing succulent.