Valentine’s Day for Singles, As Told By New Girl

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

You start off the day like any other. 

As the day goes on, you’re reminded how completely and utterly alone you truly are.

And maybe you get upset about it. 

No big deal, you just come to accept that you’ll forever spend Valentine’s Day with a cat.

Because animals will never stop loving you.

Or, you might agree to exchange Valentine’s Day presents with your (also) single best friend so you don’t feel completely unloved and unwanted.

All those loving couples with dinner reservations can have their fun, because you’ll be having an anti-Valentine’s Day party.

Activities will include wine…

…and stuffing your face with fattening food.

Heck, maybe you’ll even go to the bar to drown your sorrows with a community of mutually-depressing singles.

And when the day is done, you’ll go out to the store the next day to buy yourself the discounted Valentine’s Day chocolate you never received from a guy. 

Alena Davis is a senior journalism major at MSU and co-campus correspondent for HCMSU. She hopes to pursue a career in magazines based in New York or Chicago. In her spare time, she enjoys cooking, Instagramming and excursioning with friends. Follow her on Twitter: @alenaadavis & Instagram: @alenadavis