The Top Five Fashion Blogs on Our Radar!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

There are so many fashion blogs floating around the blogosphere that it would be impossible to list them all.  It’s even more impossible to pick and recommend some of my favorites!  The blogs you like and become obsessed with really depend on your personal style, among other things.  Here I’ve listed a few quality fashion blogs that I personally follow and think most everyone can enjoy.  The great thing about fashion blogs is that there really is something for everyone.  As you begin to follow them you will discover so many more you love, while also gaining killer style, of course.

The Sartorialist

The Sartorialist is a mesmerizing street-style fashion blog, photographed and written by Scott Schuman.  The author’s credentials are impressive; his work has been featured in numerous magazines and advertisements as well as art galleries and a limited-run book that sold out in less than three months—wow!  Scott photographs people he sees on the streets, in restaurants, parks, anywhere really.  What I love about this blog, other than Scott’s obvious passion for photography and fashion, is that I get to see so many different people’s individual style.  The people featured are from all around the world so you really get a taste of everything; I especially love when he features Italian style.  If that doesn’t entice you to check out his blog, he is also a very talented photographer.

Fashion Toast

Author of Fashion Toast, Rumi Neely, has a classic sense of style with a twist.  Her outfits are never over the top, but her attention to details and eye for the unexpected transform what might be something simple into something magnificent.  Rumi is also a fantastic model; the photographs of her are always very interesting and inspiring.  She travels quite a bit, so expect lots of beautiful scenery and unique backgrounds to compliment her style perfectly.

[pagebreak]

Cupcakes and Cashmere

Emily Schuman has created a multi-dimensional design blog; she features beautiful outfits, delicious recipes, interior decorating inspiration, beauty how-to’s, and things she just happens to love.  I would describe her style as fashion-forward girly.  She’s very talented at incorporating trendy pieces and mixing different trends to make her outfits unique.  She’s been featured in quite a few magazines and has collaborated with many brands including Coach, Juicy, Forever 21, and Estee Lauder.  She began her blog straight out of college to document her job in the fashion industry and became so successful with it that she now works on her blog full time.  Emily also has a book, titled Cupcakes and Cashmere, available for pre-order that will be coming out this August.

Blonde Bedhead

Andrea Kurbuski, who might be best known for her wild and curly blonde hair, has a unique style that truly can’t be copied.  She’s a lover of high heels and fur, two things I myself am sometimes nervous about wearing, and she pulls off every outfit with confidence.  She isn’t afraid to wear something a little out there.  And while her outfits are a little on the wild side, they always have beautifully intricate details that would make anyone stop and take a second look. 

Carly Cristman

Carly Cristman is a little bit different than the other blogs I’ve mentioned because her main focus is on YouTube videos.  Her “Style Diaries” videos are really well shot and always feature some drool-worthy outfit.  Her style is glamorous and doesn’t feature a lot of color.  She has a knack for finding badass jewelry and rocking sky-high heels (even though she’s crazy tall.) If you need more convincing to check her out, Diane Von Furstenberg is known to be a huge fan of Carly’s style.  Carly also recently walked a few runway shows during New York Fashion Week.  Follow her on twitter too, she’s absolutely hilarious. 

Lauren is a fifth year senior at Michigan State University pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Journalism with a specialization in Editorial Reporting which she will graduate with in the summer of 2012. She previously graduated in May 2011 with a bachelor’s of arts degree in Apparel and Textile Design. Last summer she interned at 944 magazine which helped to strengthen her love for journalism. Lauren loves planning events such as the MSU Annual Undergraduate Fashion Exhibit last year where she had some of her designs and clothing featured. She loves sewing in her spare time and creating beautiful clothes for herself, friends and family. Lauren also enjoys entering her designs into fashion shows such as the Annual Apparel and Textile Design Fashion Show last spring on campus where one of her dresses was a finalist for the judges choice award. She loves any kinds of sweets, cooking, crazy nail polish colors, Italian and Mexican food, shopping for shoes, MSU football games and watching The Devil Wears Prada over and over. Lauren is so excited to be a part of the Her Campus team and is very eager to begin the Her Campus branch at Michigan State!