Three Songs that make it Feel like you’re on Spring Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

So, my spring break got cancelled due to the ongoing pandemic we are all living through. It is a sacrifice I am willing to make to keep people safe, but I would be lying if I didn’t say it hurt. As a result, I’ve made it my goal to trick my brain into believing it is warm and I have no classes to worry about. Here are a few songs that make me feel like I am on spring break.

I Love It – Icona Pop ft. Charli XCX (2012)

This song brings me to a ten every time I hear it. “I don’t care, I love it.” It is as simple as that. In the two minutes and 37 seconds in which that song lasts, I can feel a warm breeze on my face as if I am speeding down the highway in California, rather than in my small studio apartment. It is what Charli XCX would want. I love it.

Life Could Be Sweet – Ayla D’lyla & Miss Madeline (2020)

“Walk around in my string bikini, with a lemon martini, hop in my convertible, let’s go to Waikiki,” this is basically synonymous with the textbook definition of “spring break” if you ask me. This song starts with a phone call between our two singers here saying they heard of a place that sounds like a dream, so they have to go. Since my spring break this semester is just a “dream”, I can really turn up to this song when I want to feel like I am not working on school work in my apartment for the next 133 days! 

Time of Our Lives – Pitbull ft. Ne-Yo (2014)

All parties are incomplete without a Pitbull song, I cannot emphasize this enough. Once get-togethers are allowed again, just play this song at the next party and watch the energy go from negative to positive (thank you, Give Me Everything) (also by Pitbull). Similar to Ne-Yo, I also want the time of my life, so give me the time of my life. 

Even if I don’t get some time off to have the time of my life, at least I can pretend and have a good time in the situation that I am in.

Alison Duda is studying environmental engineering at Michigan State University. In her free time she enjoys riding her bike, bullet journaling, and cooking.
MSU Contributor Account: for chapter members to share their articles under the chapter name instead of their own.