This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

If you are currently super anxious because of the current situation we’re in, and you’re also stressed about the fact that the semester is ending, and professors think it’s okay to give us three 10-page essays due the same day, and all you really want is a break — you have come to the right place. This article is filled with wholesome content and positive news from the novel coronavirus. 

• There has been a reduction in air pollution and an improvement in air quality in China, which may have saved the lives of 4,000 children under 5 and 73,000 adults over 70
  • NBA players, including Kevin Love, Blake Griffin, and Giannis Antetokounmpo, have donated money to cover the wages of arena workers 
  • 4,500 retired doctors and nurses came out of retirement to support UK national efforts to tackle the virus
  • The canals in Venice are clear for the first time in years — you can see the fish swimming and the swans have come back.
  • In Spain, coronavirus fears have canceled 21 bullfighting events, which has saved 120 bulls.
  • People are turning to dogs and cats to cope with self-isolation, so animal shelters are emptying
  • Germany has introduced a 50 billion euro aid package for the self-employed and small business
  • In Thailand, 78 elephants were freed from carrying tourists since parks are closed
  • A herd of goats in Welsh seaside resort after the coronavirus lockdown left the deserted

• Thousands of Airbnb Hosts have offered their homes to 100,000 hospital workers that are isolated from their families for free

• Indians can see the Himalayas from 100 miles away — for the first time in decades due to the lockdown reducing air pollution

• Ireland’s prime minister Leo Varadkar will go back to work as a doctor to help out during the coronavirus outbreak

All of these were taken from @the_happy_broadcast and I highly suggest following them on Instagram for more positive, good news. They helped me cheer up a little bit, and I hope these helped you a little bit as well. Good luck to everyone, hope you finish this semester strong and hope everyone is staying safe and healthy!

Maria graduated in 2021 with a major in Marketing and a minor in Sports Management. She was born in Barcelona, Spain, and enjoyed writting all types of content, from fun, non-political articles to sports blogs to articles discussing very critical issues. In the future, she hopes to be involved in the business aspect of a sports organization such as the NHL or La Liga.
MSU Contributor Account: for chapter members to share their articles under the chapter name instead of their own.