Career

Planning A Career in UX? Make Sure to Join These Three Platforms

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

If you are seeking a job in the User Experience (UX) or User Interface (UI) world, networking is made really easy with these platforms – and they’re free to join.

Behance: Adobe’s network for creatives is a way to inspire yourself and others. Think of it as the Pinterest of creative work. Visual design leads the platform with logos, design, packaging, and branding floating around. 

Medium: Medium is a publishing platform that allows people of all levels of expertise to write and share their thoughts. Hear opinions from beginners or experts on any topic. Why is this important to UX? You can use it as your outlet to share experiences in the field and connect with others.

Dribbble: Dribbble is all-in-one. A networking site for creatives offers a social media element by being able to share work; it also has job recruiting and portfolio options.

Aside from joining everyone else in the UX world on these platforms, take a peek into all that you have yet to share and engage in. Let yourself feel inspired! 

Madeline Allen is an undergraduate student studying Media and Information at Michigan State University. Madeline is a staff writer and the Design Lead for HCMSU.