Kaytlyn’s cat Leo, Black and white, cat, kitten, Leonardo (1)
Original photo by Kaytlyn Gannon

Pet Profile: Meet Leo

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

Name: Leonardo (Leo) Ray

Birthday: July 20th, 2021 (7 months old)

Role in HCMSU: Basically the unofficial mascot

Also goes by “Little Man.”

Leo is basically the unofficial mascot of Her Campus MSU, or at least that’s what Leo and I would like to think anyways. He is 7 months old and full of energy and angst.

Some of his favorite activities include sneaking out of the apartment and pretending to be a dog. He also tolerates having tons of pictures taken of him, as well as being the star of many of my personal TikToks as well as TikToks for the Her Campus accounts.

He also loves to dress up in shirts and sweaters and, when the weather is nice, he goes for walks in the neighborhood park. He also has my apartment covered in toys, boxes, and various other cat goodies. 

The highlight of his day, however, is when he gets his dinner (which consists of a canned food followed by lots of cat nip). Spilling his food bowl to try and convince me that he is starving and that it’s time for dinner is probably a close second though.

Even though he can be a pain at times (last week, for example, I turned away for a few seconds and he snuck onto the counter and knocked down a full glass of chocolate milk), he is still my Little Man and my partner in crime.

You can check out some of his TikToks here.

Kaytlyn’s cat Leo, Black and white, cat, kitten, Leonardo (2)
Original photo by Kaytlyn Gannon
Kaytlyn is a Senior at MSU majoring in Marketing and minoring in Creative Writing. She has been a published journalist and writer for over six years. Kaytlyn is currently the Chapter President and Campus Correspondent for HCMSU as well as being involved in the Campus Trendsetters program, College Fashionista program, and the HCM Internship Credit program. Outside of Her Campus, Kaytlyn has two cats, Leo and Zelda, as well as a ferret named Willow. She is also the President, Marketing Director, and a co-founder of the Creative Writing Club at MSU. She is also a cheer coach.