Member Spotlight: Devanshi Dash ’18

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

Name: Devanshi Dash

Year: Junior

Major: Neuroscience with a minor in Women’s and Gender Studies

Hometown: New Delhi, India

What’s the main reason you chose to come to MSU? Ever since I was a kid, I have always wanted to travel! My elder brother was already studying in Europe, so I wanted to go somewhere totally new, and that’s why I decided to come to the States. I researched a lot and talked to a lot of people, and MSU seemed like a diverse university with unlimited options. It most definitely exceeded my expectations!

What’s your favorite thing about MSU? The campus and its people! Coming from a different country, it was really nerve wracking, but the people here were so accepting and amazing! I feel lucky to have met such wonderful people and made so many friends. And the campus is beyond beautiful, so that’s a plus!

What’s your favorite thing about Her Campus at MSU? I love it how we as women from such different backgrounds come together and work upon trying to make this world a better place! With everything that’s going on right now, I cannot think of a more positive experience.

What’s your favorite article you’ve written for HC MSU? I would say the article “Never Lose Hope.” I had been going through something rough during that time, but to put it metaphorically, I could finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. It was not necessarily something I could reach easily, but it was still there and that reminded me to not lose hope. Also, the number of people that got inspired by it was amazing, it felt good to know that I could help others through my writing!

Where is your favorite place to write? I don’t have a specific place where I love to write, but I do know when it hits me I need to start typing or writing as soon as possible or I will go crazy.

What would you do if you were invisible for a day? Break in animal abusers’ homes, and free the animals!

If you could travel in time, where would you go? The Jazz Age — it fascinates me. From the clothes to the music, everything seemed so carefree and gorgeous!

What’s your favorite book? Pride and Prejudice and the Harry Potter series.

What’s your favorite movie? Star Wars, Harry Potter series, all the Disney movies and Pulp Fiction!

Feminist | Editor | Lesbian