This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

2020 was a wild ride for everyone! With an unfortunate pandemic affecting those around the world, many were impacted negatively. Here are some tips for a successful 2021!

Keep yourself organized 

Planners and lists are great ways to keep track of what needs to be done. This year is all about staying on top of due dates and setting yourself up for success. The best way is to write down when assignments are due, color-coordinate assignments with their classes, and put checkboxes next to each assignment. 

Set some goals for yourself

Goals are a way to ensure that you are moving in the right direction and keeping yourself motivated. There are different types of goals, either short-term or long-term. In addition to this, they could focus on any aspect of your life, whether it be pertaining to your career, personal development, physical improvements, or any other goal you want to dedicate time towards. 

Journal down your thoughts/feelings

Journaling is the perfect way to reduce stress and anxiety. Whether you had a tough day or just want to write down some moments of happiness during the day, anything can be written down. Not only does it make your mental health better, but it can be a great way to relive memories later on. You can even write down your goals, as well! 

Make sure to take breaks

During a time when we are constantly putting pressure on ourselves and feel like we’re not doing enough work, it’s important to step away for some time. Whether it’s a quick snack, a 10-minute walk around the block, or a facetime to a friend, breaks are a way to re-energize and come back with better focus. 

Nikita is an undergraduate student studying Neuroscience through the Lyman Briggs College at Michigan State. Additionally, she is minoring in Entrepreneurship and Innovation. During her free time she loves to hangout with friends, go for a run, volunteer, and dance.
MSU Contributor Account: for chapter members to share their articles under the chapter name instead of their own.