How I Feel About Politics: Presidential Election Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

The presidential election has been tiring for me, and I am not even one of the candidates. With the constant flow of people’s opinions on my Facebook news feed, it’s enough to drive any sane person mad. So I’ve decided to lay-low for a while and stop caring about politics; my feelings can only be summed up through these gifs.

Every time someone even begins to say the word P-R-E-S. . . I just want to hide.

That time when I just watched the presidential debate because there was free popcorn.

I’m too cool for Facebook fights with people regarding Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders.

I spend a few minutes thinking about how cool it would be if I was president.

Then I remember how grateful I am that I do not have to worry about who is voting for me or people caring about what I say on a regular basis.

Hearing 16-year-olds claim that they “know” who they would vote for. Just because I’m undecided doesn’t make me different!

Can’t wait to say bye-bye to all of this presidential stuff.

If none of the current candidates work, don’t worry America; there’s no reason why David Beckham couldn’t just be president.

This post is not bitter; I totally care about the Great Land of the Free that specializes in barbecues, freedom and men who don’t have to wear a shirt outside. But on the other hand, I’m getting annoyed with all the trash talk between different candidates. If we can’t expect American leaders to get along with each other, then how can we expect them to get along with other countries that they will have to make negotiations with? If your own team can’t work well together, then you’re never going to beat your opponent to win the game.

A Freshman at Michigan State University. Enjoys 90's movies, rock alternative music, and reading books of all kinds. Apart of Gamma Phi Beta Sorority and studies Journalism. Can be found running around campus, eating heaps of food at the Caf, or cheering my Spartans on at Spartan Football Stadium!
Feminist | Editor | Lesbian