Lindsay Thompson-Miami Laundry Posing Vintage Pensive
Lindsay Thompson / Her Campus
Wellness

Eco-friendly laundry and cleaning products that do all the work for you

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

Cleaning is easy. College is not. Finding the time to reset yourself and your living space during the school year can feel unattainable at times, but with these zero waste household essentials, cleaning is not only easy, but quick; it can also save you a lot of time.

1. Eco Egg

This is your new best friend. Yes, it’s zero waste. Yes, it’s eco-friendly. Yes, it comes in different color and scent variations. And YES, you don’t have to take it out of your laundry machine. Is your typical laundry routine a million steps with adding all the laundry, detergent, softener, or bleach? Well, with Eco Egg living inside your washer at all times, your laundry routine is now one step only! 

1. Wool Dryer Balls

Zero waste can reduce drying time. Need I say more . . .  Swap out dryer sheets for these wool dryer balls and enjoy wrinkle-free, lint-free, dry clothing in less time than before. 

1. Reusable Cleaning Bottles with Tablet Cleaners

Why overflow your cleaning closet with bottles upon bottles of plastic-packaged cleaning products? Try using a glass-kit cleaning system. Fill the glass bottle with water and add in your cleaning tablet. There are plenty of brands and options to choose from. Zero waste and less space! 

1. Reusable Paper Towels

If you maintain a clean home, you probably wipe down your counters often. However, with each wipe, waste is created. Save money and storage space by swapping out traditional paper towels to reusable paper towels

Just a reminder… before switching to any of these products, use up what you have. Either way you’ll get rid of it, so get your money’s worth!

Madeline Allen is an undergraduate student studying Media and Information at Michigan State University. Madeline is a staff writer and the Design Lead for HCMSU.