The Best Things About Fall

The end of summer marks the beginning of the months we Michiganders know how to do best — fall. With fall comes the daily PSL to treat yourself (because you deserve it, every day, right), the fall closet staples and lots and lots of food. The crisp autumn air decorated by orange and yellow leaves remains one of, if not the best, times of year.

1. 1.   The Drinks

coffee, food and laptop spread on bed

The beginning of fall marks the time of the classic pumpkin spice latte, warm apple cider topped with caramel drizzled whipped cream and salted caramel mochas. These classic fall drinks are like the pregame for Christmas drinks, which is arguably the best time of year.

2. 2. The Food (duh)

Plate of nachos covered in cheese and toppings

With the end of summer comes the start of hibernation, or the period of seven months where we all gain 10 pounds, give or take, in light of comfort food season. Don’t get me wrong, I love a good pasta salad and burger off the grill, but what I love even more is shoving my face full of alfredo because I live in hoodies for a majority of the year.

3. 3. Hoodies

Oversized hoodies, leggings and Uggs are what I live in for the entirety of fall and I wouldn’t want it any other way.

4. 4. Cuddle Season

woman wearing black shirt eating popcorn

One of the best things about a rainy fall day is cuddling up to someone — whether a girl friend or your partner — and watching scary movies while eating your favorite snacks.

5. 5. Candles

It’s finally the time to fill your home with your favorite fall scents, and there are so many to choose from. In the summer months I typically stick with lighter fragrances but as soon as September hits, it’s finally time for scents of apple, pumpkin, cinnamon or crisp fall leaves.

6. 6. Pumpkin Patches

pumpkins

Nothing beats going to your local pumpkin patch to sip on fresh apple cider and munch on cinnamon sugar donuts all while picking out your favorite pumpkin.

7. 7. Haunted Houses

jack-o-lantern pumpkins

One of the best ways to bond with your group of friends is to go to a haunted house together and see a new side of your closest friends.

8. 8. Costume Parties

Despite Michigan’s typical first snow on or around Halloween, dressing up is always fun. Making or putting together different costumes to serve a look on Halloweekend is easily the highlight of October.

Happy fall!