This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

Name: Alexandra Crisp

Major: Social Work

Minor: Human Behavior & Social Services 

Hometown: Ann Arbor, MI

What inclined you to choose social work as your major?

I would have to connect my current path into social work to my upbringing. My mom taught me the importance of validating and feeling your feelings. She also taught me coping strategies for me if I ever felt upset or overwhelmed, and I think this background with social work behavior in my childhood inspired me to want to share the same knowledge with others, especially children. 

What has been your favorite class here at MSU? What would you recommend to other students and why?

My favorite class has been ISB 201: Insects, Globalization, & Sustainability because I am interested in nature and earth science, as well as reducing climate change. 

I also really enjoyed the class because Professor Kimbirauskas was a wonderful teacher and it was clear that he really cared about his students.  

In your opinion, what is the best dining hall/dorm on campus? 

I would say Landon for both. I love how the building looks and I love their pot pies! 

What is one of your hobbies?

I’d have to say that one of my hobbies is playing the guitar. 

If you could redo something in your life, what would it be?

If I had to redo something in my life, it would probably be to play soccer. When I was younger, I played many other sports but always wished I was good at soccer for some reason. 

MSU Contributor Account: for chapter members to share their articles under the chapter name instead of their own.