7 Things to do before you graduate MSU

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

Are you graduating this May? Well, if you are, you better make sure these things are checked off of your Michigan State University bucket list. If you’re not, you better start checking these tasks off of your list too before your time here is up. Your college years go by faster than you think!

7) Work on Grand River

Grand River is full of stores and restaurants. If you haven’t worked at one spot on Grand River, just one, then you’re missing out on an experience. There’s long days at the Student Book Store selling expensive books to poor college students and there’s long nights at Taco Bell with a line way out the door. Working on Grand River certainly allows you to get a feel for what kind of people occupy Michigan State University’s campus.

6) Sneak into Spartan Stadium at night and lay on the field

This is basically impossible and more than likely illegal, but it’s been done. Everyone has seen Spartan Stadium on television or from the stands. But not everyone has laid on the field at night. Talk about an accomplishment.

5) Shake Tom Izzo’s hand

This one has been done by quite a few, but it is something that just has to be done. It’s Tom Izzo! This isn’t a joking matter!

4) Take a picture with good ‘ole Sparty

Tom Izzo may be a public figure for Michigan State University; however, one look at Sparty says it all. If you don’t have your picture with this infamous mascot before the time you have graduated, you might as well have failed college.

3) Go to the top of the parking structure that looks like a hamster cage

The parking structure on Division, the one that looks like a life size hamster cage, is supposed to have a beautiful view of the city of East Lansing. Take a look at the city you have called your home for the past few years from a different angle and see how beautiful it truly is.

2) Burn a couch at Cedar Fest

Burning couches is how Spartan fans do things. It has to be done. Just don’t say you got the idea from us.

1) Kiss someone in front of the Beaumont tower

In order to prove that you are a “true Spartan” and to ensure you’ll marry your sweetheart, legend has it that you must kiss them in either the shadow of the tower or at midnight in the Beaumont courtyard. Do it, Spartans, or you’ll regret passing up the opportunity, while you’re still here!

Enjoys your years at Michigan State University, make the most out of your experience here, and remember that you are always and forever a Spartan!

Congratulations, seniors of 2013!

Alena Davis is a senior journalism major at MSU and co-campus correspondent for HCMSU. She hopes to pursue a career in magazines based in New York or Chicago. In her spare time, she enjoys cooking, Instagramming and excursioning with friends. Follow her on Twitter: @alenaadavis & Instagram: @alenadavis