7 Struggles for Tall Women that Are Actually Wins

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

Upon a quick Google search or browsing a favorite women’s magazine, there are countless lists to be found detailing the struggles faced by tall women. Rest easy, my fellow Amazonians. There are also some major perks to being tall…even when taller than the average American man.

1. It’s difficult to fit your legs…well, anywhere.

Under a desk, in the backseat of an Uber, on an airplane — you name it. There are few places that accommodate for our Heidi Klum-caliber legs. But that’s okay…Heidi Klum’s legs were insured for 2.2 million back in 2011 for a reason! At the end of the day, legs like hers are a definite #win.

2. Dresses are shirts and jeans are capris.

Dresses are designed to be a little risqué on the average American woman (who is five-three). On a frame that is roughly six feet in length, these dresses are only appropriate in the prostitution industry. On the bright side, cropped/cuffed jeans are in style now!

3. If a boy’s height starts with a five-foot, he’s not on the boyfriend radar.

While there are some rare couples out there that confidently defy the typical height ratio, most six-foot-tall or taller  females have difficulty navigating the dating world. The short men we ignore don’t give us a second look, either (despite our genes being perfect for producing D-1 athletes). All is well — this mutual understanding we share with men of the shorter variety can result in the most solid guy friends.

4. Short friends completely and shamelessly cut your head out of selfies.

Snatch the phone and use your abnormally long arms to capture that perfect angle — a #win for everyone.

5. Do you play basketball?

Isn’t it the absolute worst when people mistake you for an athlete when you are actually Wonder Woman?

6. Wearing heels is rough.

Refer back to my Heidi-Klum-legs logic. Heels may upgrade your height to that of a college basketball player…but they show off those legs for days. #Win

7. Shower heads sometimes only reach neck-height.

Just an opportunity to get those extra squats in… right, ladies? Okay, I’ll admit, this situation just sucks.

Content creator. Editor. Pop culture enthusiast.