12 (Super) Last Minute Costumes You Can Pull Together within Minutes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

Whether you got invited to a last-minute party, procrastinated, or decided to dress up within the last 60 seconds, there are costumes you can find within your own closet and a few that you can pull together very quickly with just one trip to the store or your friends closet.

Fruit

Perfect for a group costume. For this, all you have to do is draw or paint the pattern of a fruit onto an oversized t-shirt that matches the color of that fruit and top it off with a green bandana or bow.

Your favorite movie, TV show, or even book character

For this one, your best bet would be to rummage through your closet because there must be something in there that matches the style of one of your favorite characters. If possible, you should try and top it off with something that represents the book, show, or movie that your character is from.

A Witch

All you need to do is grab a hat and wear all black, or an outfit that’ll match with the hat.

A Scarecrow

For this one, the main thing you need is to do your makeup. To add to the costume you could braid your hair, add a flannel, jeans, and cowboy boots— or any type of boots really.

A Cowgirl (and a cowboy)

This one is super easy— all you need is a cowboy hat! But, same as above, you could add to the outfit to make it better.

Frat guys

Must I say more? Over-used? Yes. Will it ever get old? No.

A Tourist

You could take several angles with this one, but it is something you can pull together with things out of your closet and a trip to the dollar store.

Devil and/or angel

All you really need for this are horns and a halo, but if possible you should definitely go all out with red and white tops, shoes or other accessories, and do your make up— just make sure if doing it as a pair you each match each other’s efforts.

An Athlete

Literally just pull a jersey out of your closet (or someone else’s closet) and you’re set.

Any animal

This depends on the animal, but you can do literally anything you want with this.

A meme

Unless you already have something in mind, this could be a little tricky— but if you have any ideas, you could easily pull this one off with little effort.

A Bratz doll

This is another one where you mainly just have to do your makeup and your hair, then find an outfit from your closet that’ll match. This would also be super fun to do as a group costume.

While some of these costumes are a little overused, others are unique and you can definitely find something on this list that you have the time and resources for with no problem.

Kaytlyn is a Senior at MSU majoring in Marketing and minoring in Creative Writing. She has been a published journalist and writer for over six years. Kaytlyn is currently the Chapter President and Campus Correspondent for HCMSU as well as being involved in the Campus Trendsetters program, College Fashionista program, and the HCM Internship Credit program. Outside of Her Campus, Kaytlyn has two cats, Leo and Zelda, as well as a ferret named Willow. She is also the President, Marketing Director, and a co-founder of the Creative Writing Club at MSU. She is also a cheer coach.
    Taylor is an alumnus of Michigan State University's James Madison College and Honors college, holding a Bachelor of Arts in Social Relations and Policy and a minor in Women's and Gender Studies. She formerly served as the Editor-in-Chief and co-Campus Correspondent of MSU's chapter. She works in Lansing She's passionate about women's rights, smashing the patriarchy, and adding to her fuzzy sock collection.