This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MS State chapter.

At this point in 2020, I think everyone should have an air fryer. You’re telling me I can make things that would go in the oven for HALF the time? Genius. If you’re already part of the AirFryArmy, this is for you. If you’re not, this is your sign to go make that investment and improve your lazy cooking game!  

PINEAPPLE

Oh, how I love airfryed pineapple. Similar to grilled pineapple, it gives the fruit a nice smoky flavor while keeping the sweetness. Something about the warmth really brings it home for me. I’ve had people who don’t even like regular pineapple tell me this was good, so you have to try it!  

VEGETABLES

A general rule for me is that any vegetable will taste good airfryed. Cauliflower, Brussel sprouts, broccoli, mushrooms, tomatoes, okra, zucchini, squash, you name it. Just pop it in & season it after! Pair with a meal and you’ll not only look like a chef but a ~healthy queen~.  

POTATOES

You know when you want a nice baked potato or some homemade fries but don’t want it to take what seems to be a lifetime in the oven? Have no fear, airfrying is here! Seriously, anything to do with ovens and potatoes I use my airfyer now because of the speed. Fries, baked potatoes, roasted potatoes, wedges, and whatever else now only takes about 20 minutes- I promise!  

UNCRUSTABLE

I saw this on TikTok, I am not even going to lie. It looked delicious, it was delicious, and I will be doing it again. You really should try this one! It’s for fun and we are lazy over here bone apple teeth!  

This is only the tip of the iceberg. I highly recommend throwing whatever food you’re about to cook into the airfryer. Truly, if you don’t have one, you will not regret getting one. The beauty of airfrying is not using specific cooking times or temperatures almost always having it turn out well (if you check on it). The world is your airfryer, go on and fry free!

~Sidney Burden

Hi, my name is Reagan Thornley! :) I am currently a Business Administration student at Mississippi State with a completed minor in Political Science. Outside of Her Campus, I write for Juiced! Zine (https://juiceourmagazine.wixsite.com/mysite) and Crates Music Blog. Feel free to email me at jrtm.thornley@gmail.com with upcoming music events, artist/band suggestions, and travel tips and suggestions(especially food)! P.S. Donʻt forget to follow my adventures on my Instagram @lady_gk_