Mollieʻs Semester Favs and Why They Should Be Yours Too

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MS State chapter.

Alright y’all, if you’ve looked at my playlist, you are probably a little confused cause it’s all over the place. Welcome to my mind. I am a scatterbrained, passionate, and slightly overwhelming person. This playlist is a culmination of all the feelings I go through in a day and I hope you love them as much as I do.

Not Ready to Make Nice by The Chicks (formerly The Dixie Chicks)

I am a die-hard Dixie Chicks fan and I will go to bat for them any day. They wrote this song after getting blasted by the music industry for a single comment they made overseas and it is beautiful and honest. I’ve never felt more power from a single song.

State I’m In (Live Acoustic version) by NEEDTOBREATHE

A full-on, windows down, sing at the top of your lungs kind of song. It makes you feel seen and heard and also makes you want to get up and dance like no one is watching.

Killer by Phoebe Bridgers

A hauntingly beautiful song that weirdly brings me a lot of peace. Phoebe Bridgers is one of those artists that you can’t help but understand exactly what she’s feeling.

You’re an Original by Sheryl Crow

This song is from my childhood and I will never turn it off. It’s a reminder that at the end of the day we’re all different but we’re living in this world together but like in a cool rock way.

Better Not – Acoustic by Louis the Child

Joy is all I’ve got to say. This is how I want everyone falling in love to feel. Beautiful voices and a message that everyone can relate to. You can’t feel sad while listening to this song. It is uplifting and beautiful.

Still in Love – Acoustic by Thirdstory

I show this song to just about everyone I know. It is so soulful and tells the story of what it looks like to be in love with someone that you’re no longer with but it’s not a sad feeling. It feels almost nostalgic and there’s this juxtaposition of still being in love but learning how to move on.

Hang Me Up to Dry by Cold War Kids

This one is special for one specific reason. Sometimes you just need to yell.

Hazel by Roy Blair

This song makes me feel like I’m back in high school hanging out with my sister. It gives such hometown vibes and is that perfect mix of different and unique but still comfortable.

Light on (Spotify Acoustic) by Maggie Rogers

Maggie Rogers is someone I’ve followed for a while and her songs are so detailed that I hear a new sound every time I listen. This one holds a very close place to my heart because it’s a testament to what it’s like when you’re struggling and need a little help.

Find an Island by BENEE

I wanted to make sure I threw in a new favorite. It’s a party song but also if you don’t like someone and don’t know how to explain it this is the song for you. Let’s face it no one likes everyone, and this song is reserved for those people you just can’t stand.

I could go on and on about all of these songs, but I kept it short. I hope you feel all the emotions and find some new favorites to jam along with all your best friends or even just by yourself.

Happy listening friends

~Mollie

Hi, my name is Reagan Thornley! :) I am currently a Business Administration student at Mississippi State with a completed minor in Political Science. Outside of Her Campus, I write for Juiced! Zine (https://juiceourmagazine.wixsite.com/mysite) and Crates Music Blog. Feel free to email me at jrtm.thornley@gmail.com with upcoming music events, artist/band suggestions, and travel tips and suggestions(especially food)! P.S. Donʻt forget to follow my adventures on my Instagram @lady_gk_