This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MS State chapter.

Its Finally Fall!! A season filled with great weather, beautiful moons, and overall a great fresh feeling that we are almost halfway through the semester. In the past we would be getting ready to attend the fair, a haunted house, or some kind of fall festival, unfortunately, due to Covid-19 most of our date ideas have been canceled. Here I will have a total of four different covid-safe fall date ideas that you and your boyfriend/girlfriend or best gals can do through the month of October!

Picnic Date With the weather being so fresh and the sunsets being extra pretty a picnic date is a must! I love picnic dates because you can do them as simple or as fancy as you’d like. I recommend you choose a nice spot at a park where you have a beautiful view and not too many bushes or trees around so the bugs won’t bother. You can create a cheeseboard or buy a pizza, either one goes with wine! Overall a picnic can serve as a great time to catch up, listen to music, and best of all it is a perfect way to practice social distancing.

Fall Photoshoot I don’t know about you guys but since the pandemic started I have not had too many chances to dress up and show off my new fits, so what a better way to do this than with a photoshoot!! Whether it is a couple or best friends photoshoot dress up and take pictures. I think this is a super cute idea because you can have lots of fun creating poses and capture memories at the same time. This date doesn’t even require you to spend money, you can either visit a cute area in your town or set up your own background in your backyard with home accents.

Pumpkin Carving Itʻs fall so how could we leave the pumpkins out!! Pumpkin carving is a fall date that cannot be missed. You can definitely have fun on this date by sparking your creativity and having a competition of who’s carving is the best. If you’re not a fan of the messiness that can come with the carving you can definitely still decorate your pumpkin by creating a costume for it. With music playing in the background and leaves falling all around by the end of the night you will have cute or scary lit pumpkins out on your front porch!

Baking, Movies & More! We know that as soon as fall starts the eating festivities begin! So what about a date that includes baking and watching movies. There are various desserts that you can bake during this time, the following are some of my friends and I favorite: Fried Oreos, Pumpkin Pie, and Chocolate Cake! Keep in mind that all of these can go along with a coffee, hot chocolate, or a pumpkin spice latte. After baking and decorating your cake with Halloween accents you can sit down and enjoy it with a great Halloween movie whether it is a scary movie like IT or not so scary like Hocus Pocus you will end your night fulfilled and with another successful date!

I hope these few ideas inspire you guys and help you carry out successful dates throughout this crazy pandemic. Make sure to take lots of pictures of your dates and be sure to tag us (@hcmsstate) in them to show how we inspired you, Stay Safe & Healthy!

~ Maria Alvarez

Hi, my name is Reagan Thornley! :) I am currently a Business Administration student at Mississippi State with a completed minor in Political Science. Outside of Her Campus, I write for Juiced! Zine (https://juiceourmagazine.wixsite.com/mysite) and Crates Music Blog. Feel free to email me at jrtm.thornley@gmail.com with upcoming music events, artist/band suggestions, and travel tips and suggestions(especially food)! P.S. Donʻt forget to follow my adventures on my Instagram @lady_gk_