This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MS State chapter.

It’s back to school time! Going back to school can be super overwhelming, and meals aren’t always the first thing we are worried about. If you’re like me and get hungry on campus, but still want to eat healthily, these easy meals are perfect for you! Just make them before class or the night before and bring them on the go!    

Quinoa Bowl

This is so filling, delicious, and will give you the energy you need to push through the day. This is also great if you have meal prep or bento boxes! Use ¼ part quinoa, ¼ part chickpeas (roasted or not!), and ½ part veggies. I suggest using broccoli, carrots, and mushrooms over spinach, but choose your favorites and get creative! If you want, you can also add some sauce in a little container to pour over when you’re ready to eat, mix, and enjoy!  

To-Go Salad

This one is for my lazy friends who don’t want to prepare things before just throw it in a bowl and go! Start with some greens: lettuce, spinach, whatever your heart desires. Next add some fruit, maybe strawberries or blueberries. Then toss in some nuts, seeds, or dried fruit. Bring some dressing in a small container and you’re good to go!  

Hummus and Veggies

Perfect for snacking on long days, hummus and veggies will satisfy! Bring some hummus in a small container. Pack carrots, broccoli, pretzels, celery, apple slices, crisps, and/or pita bread to dip with! You can also add some fruit for a little sugar energy!  

Veggie Sandwich

Lastly, you can’t go wrong with a good sammy. Grab your favorite bread, add whatever veggies, toppings, and spreads you would like. I love adding tomato, hummus, avocado spread, spinach, red onion, and cucumbers. Grab an apple, fruit, or veggies for your side!  

I hope these ideas get you going into the school year! Good luck, you’re going to do great!

PS- I am vegan so these are vegan lunches, but if you eat meat/dairy, feel free to add in some chicken, a hard-boiled egg, or some cheese to your meal!  

~Sidney Burden

Hi, my name is Reagan Thornley! :) I am currently a Business Administration student at Mississippi State with a completed minor in Political Science. Outside of Her Campus, I write for Juiced! Zine (https://juiceourmagazine.wixsite.com/mysite) and Crates Music Blog. Feel free to email me at jrtm.thornley@gmail.com with upcoming music events, artist/band suggestions, and travel tips and suggestions(especially food)! P.S. Donʻt forget to follow my adventures on my Instagram @lady_gk_