This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MS State chapter.

Dolly Parton’s Favorite Foods   In honor of the wonderful Miss Dolly Parton, I’m sharing some of her favorite things to eat! You can definitely tell how southern she is by these foods. Try some of them out if you haven’t and see how your food tastes compare to the Queen of Country!   Chicken and Dumplings Such a classic southern choice here! She has a recipe of her own in her cookbook, Dolly’s Dixie Fixin’s, but there are plenty out there if you want to try another. From what I have gathered, this is her top favorite!     Roasted Pork Apparently, this is her dish for entertaining! She likes to keep it extra southern by picking the fatty cuts (because that’s the good part anyway). Top it with some gravy and you’ll have a genuine Dolly dinner.     Clams Although she didn’t grow up eating them, chopped clams are one of her favs. Dolly doesn’t like it if its big and chewy but loves them chopped to taste all the flavors (breadcrumbs & clam) evenly. This definitely sounds like something to try out!     Honorable Mentions Dolly loves a few other foods alongside her favorites. She loves classic turnip greens, green beans, fried okra, and has said that potatoes are her weakness! And finally, for dessert, she loves a good banana pudding! I don’t know about you, but I am a fan of all of these!

Drinks Bonus! Want to drink like her too? Dolly doesn’t really like the taste of alcohol, so if she wants a quick buzz she goes for a shot of tequila! Normally though, it’s a drier red wine.

Cheers!  

~Sidney Burden  

Hi, my name is Reagan Thornley! :) I am currently a Business Administration student at Mississippi State with a completed minor in Political Science. Outside of Her Campus, I write for Juiced! Zine (https://juiceourmagazine.wixsite.com/mysite) and Crates Music Blog. Feel free to email me at jrtm.thornley@gmail.com with upcoming music events, artist/band suggestions, and travel tips and suggestions(especially food)! P.S. Donʻt forget to follow my adventures on my Instagram @lady_gk_