dan gold 6P 1ba qWDI unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
dan gold 6P 1ba qWDI unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness > Sex + Relationships

These Post Breakup Anthems Will Make You Feel Empowered AF

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montevallo chapter.

Breakups are hard and you probably feel inclined to dye your hair; or worse, get bangs. Put down the scissors and put on some music to heal your soul. From 90s girl pop to rock hits, here is the ultimate post breakup playlist to get you back to your confident independent self!

Boy by Little Mix 

“Bad boy wanna fight but I never see him fighting for you”. This acapella style song by Little Mix is the perfect “get over him” anthemn to uplift your spirits. 

You Oughta Know by Alanis Morissette

This classic 90s rock song sparks a slight rage after you see your ex with a new partner. Alanis Morissette perfectly encaptures the raw anger of seeing your ex move on. Plus, you can feel like you’re in a 90s grunge teen movie while listening to this song. 

That’s My Girl By Fifth Harmony

“Thought he was the best you ever had until he cut you off”. Fifth Harmony are the girl gang you always needed to have your back post breakup. Grab your cutest leggings and head to the gym while blasting this song for full force girl power vibes.

Creep by TLC 

90s girl ensembles are the only thing that got me through my breakup. Thank goodness for TLC giving me both karoke jams and confidence through their music. 

Bad Girls by M.I.A.

There is nothing more bad ass than listening to this song while walking to class. Talk about a movie moment. Embody your inner baddie. 

The Man by Taylor Swift

“The Man” by T Swift is on her latest album “Lover”. This song is all about equality and empowerment. On the behalf of females everywhere, Taylor, we’re sorry for hating on you when you dated Harry Styles. 

With these girl power songs and the mentality of focusing on yourself, there isn’t anything you can’t do after a breakup!

Julia Gigis is a Multimedia Journalism major at The University of Montevallo. She currently is a marketing intern for RFG Advisory and StrongHer Money. You probably know her as the girl that "dates without dating apps" on Tik Tok, generating over 6 million views and 59k+ followers. In her free time, Julia likes to brunch and take pretentious photos with lattes.