toa heftiba ZWKNDOjwito unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
toa heftiba ZWKNDOjwito unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Style

Last Minute Halloween Looks You Could Totally Re-Wear as Outfits

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montevallo chapter.

Halloween is approaching us and by approaching us, I mean it’s this week. Last-minute costume ideas are not only expensive but similar to finding water in a desert – they’re scarce! So, ladies, look away from the overly priced Harley Quinn costume at Party City and direct your attention to your closet. Here are the top Halloween Costumes you can cultivate from your closet…or have an excuse to treat yourself to an Amazon Prime shopping spree. 

Astrid Sloan (The Politician)

One of the best parts of any teen sitcom is the fashion and The Politician has a plethora of iconic looks including the most badass and style-savvy woman of the show, Astrid Sloan.

Astrid’s style combines elements of prepster chic and retro classic, making her everyday look a great 2019 pop culture reference Halloween costume. To recreate Astrid’s ensemble, you’ll need either a tweed dress with thigh-high boots or a tennis outfit with a sweater.

Whether you choose the sporty or classy look, you’ll need a ton of accessories so borrow some clunky earrings from your grandma or dive into the world of thrift shopping! 

Blair Waldorf (Gossip Girl)

Hey Upper East Siders! I’m baaack with another Gossip Girl reference and this time it’s how to dress like Queen B, Blair Waldorf.

This look is not only easy but as cheap as borrowing a button-down from your dad’s closet; the only catch is that you’ll look like a million bucks since, you know, you’re Blair Waldorf. All you need is the basics: a white button-down, a skirt, knee socks, flats, and of course, Blair’s staple headband.

Accessorize with a designer handbag if you’re one of the lucky ones that has one sitting around in their closet. Bonus points if you carry around a yogurt parfait…just don’t dump it on anyone (unless they deserve it). 

Anna Wintour 

I don’t think Anna Wintour needs an introduction, but this Vogue Editor-in-Chief has inspired so many film characters such as Miranda Priestly (The Devil Wears Prada) and Edna Mode (The Incredibles). There are even songs written about her (“Anna Wintour” by Azealia Banks)!

Though she is the queen of fashion, her look is quite simple to master. A sleek modern business-appropriate dress, heels, and a pair of black sunglasses will have you rocking the same look as the most in style woman ever.

Of course, Wintour is known for her classic bob hair cut so grab a wig or go for the bangs you’ve been contemplating for months! 

Holly Golightly (Breakfast at Tiffany’s)

Okay, ladies, I’m giving you permission to bring out the oversized white button-down from Risky Business that’s stuffed in the back of your closet until next year.

We all know and love the iconic Breakfast at Tiffany’s look that consists of a black dress and gloves, but let’s get more creative and lazy at the same time.

All you need for this look is some hair spray, purple tassle earrings, that beloved shirt from Risky, and a DIY (or Etsy made) sleeping mask! 

Sporty Spice (Spice Girls)

So, I’ll tell you what I want…an easy costume that doesn’t require heels. Sporty Spice has the easiest costume that any athlesiure loving college gal already has tucked away in her wardrobe.

Seriously, grab your Lululemon crop top, Adidas joggers, and Fila sneakers! Put your hair up in a ponytail and if you really want trick-or-treaters to recognize you, you can put on a temporary tatttoo around your bicep. 

These Halloween costumes take a small amount of effort to look absolutely fabulous! Plus they make for A+ Instagram pics! 

Julia Gigis is a Multimedia Journalism major at The University of Montevallo. She currently is a marketing intern for RFG Advisory and StrongHer Money. You probably know her as the girl that "dates without dating apps" on Tik Tok, generating over 6 million views and 59k+ followers. In her free time, Julia likes to brunch and take pretentious photos with lattes.