Style

You’re Not Forever 21 — Here’s 5 Retailers That Carry the Best Affordable Trends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

Shopping at the same stores every time you go to the mall can make for a dull wardrobe. Even though Forever 21 is a go-to for cute outfits at a cheap price, sometimes you need to switch things up. When you are looking to expand your style but don’t have the means to expand your budget, check out these stores for trendy looks that won’t deplete a college student’s bank account.

Missguided

Get the best deals at an even more affordable price when you use the 30 percent student discount at Missguided. This brand offers an expansive collection of street style pieces that can transition from a “going to class” outfit to a “going out” look .

Pretty Little Thing

All eyes will be on you when you pull up to an event in a dress from Pretty Little Thing. The brand definitely lives up to its name, and it offers the best selection of “night out” looks for the girl who is trying to make a statement. There is no shortage of prints and bold colors at PLT – you are meant to be noticed when wearing anything from their site!

Boohoo

Looking for trendy athleisure without a Lululemon price tag? Check out the sportswear and leisurewear sections at Boohoo. Almost every cute outfit you’ve seen on Instagram can be found at Boohoo for a super affordable price. Now you won’t have to feel guilty about buying more outfits for class or the gym!

Asos

Asos is THE destination for trendy basics. Pieces from ASOS will become staples in your wardrobe because they are versatile and super easy to style alongside clothes you already have.

Nasty Gal

For chic trends and sassy graphic tees, Nasty Gal is the place to shop! The site is home to a wide variety of statement pieces that will help you style a unique look for any occasion.

Christina Giordano is a Sophomore at Montclair State University, majoring in English and Communications. She is the Co-Events Director at Her Campus Montclair and has a passion for writing and media. She has an affinity for anything with glitter on it and thoroughly enjoys a good shopping trip.
Emma Flusk

Montclair '19

Emma Flusk is recent graduate from Montclair State University, where she majored in Television and Digital Media. She was the Editor-in-Chief and a Campus Correspondent at Her Campus Montclair. She’s passionate about anything that has to do with lifestyle, beauty and wellness for women. She is a self-proclaimed craft queen, semi-pro binge-watcher and a lover of all dogs.