This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.
Elizabeth Warren

Almost every time I hear Elizabeth Warren speak I break down in tears. I want to have her energy at 70 years old. The amount of work she has put in to get to where she is now is awe-inspiring, and the way you can hear it in her voice and see it in her actions really speaks to me on a different level.

Jia Tolentino

I’ve said it once and I’ll say it 1000 times more: if I can write half as good as Jia Tolentino in my lifetime, I can die happy. Whenever I read one of her pieces I want to jump up and read it to as many people I can find. Her writing in The New Yorker is so brilliant, thorough and captivating I literally have no choice but to stan, and her book Trick Mirror sits by my bedside as a reminder that she’s the writer I dream of becoming.

Megan Rapinoe

I wasn’t that into soccer before I saw the U.S. women’s team take the field last summer. Seeing Megan Rapinoe in her winning stance made me feel invincible. The entire time she and her team were in the spotlight, everything they did made me think, “This is what it means to be a woman.” From her snarky remarks toward the president to her pride in her team’s victory, Megan Rapinoe holds a special place in my heart. 

Kristen Bell

What can’t she do? The snarky, whip-smart Veronica Mars, the bubbly, naïve Princess Anna, the spunky, good-hearted Eleanor Shellstrop, and of course the seductive, sly voice of Gossip Girl. Plus, she’s got a great set of pipes and looks to boot. I absolutely adore her and will watch anything she’s in, 1000 times over. 

Keiran Deohl

Keiran Deohl is easily one of the funniest people I’ve ever heard and that you’ve never heard of. She frequents some of my favorite podcasts and kills it every time – I never laugh harder than when Keiran Deohl is in my earbuds. Currently, she’s a recurring character on NBC’s Sunnyside, and I can’t wait to see what’s in store for her in the coming years.

Tina Fey & Amy Poehler

How could I not include this iconic duo on this list? These two women not only play characters that inspire me to the core, but they also are women that inspire me to the core in their own right. These women have paved their way as the queens of comedy, as legends, and I cannot thank them enough for the dreams they have inspired in me.

Saoirse Ronan

I’ve been a fan of Saoirse since The Host (2013) but her work since then has blown me away. Her monologue in her most recent performance Little Women (2019) inspired me to write this article. But of course, she’s relatable in real life too: one of my favorite pictures of her is her ordering McDonald’s after an awards show, still in her fancy dress. Not a day goes by where I can’t relate to her on another level, for something she’s done either on or off the big screen. She’s just brilliant. 

Brielle is a sophomore at Montclair State University double-majoring in Communication/Media Arts and French, with a minor in Film. Writing has been her passion since age eight and she's so excited to pursue it in the real world. When she's not writing, she's usually at the movies, listening to podcasts, or scrolling through Twitter. Catch her at Starbucks or follow her on Instagram and Twitter under her handle: @breezegiveshugs.
Lauren Clemente recent graduate from Montclair State University who studied Communication and Media Arts. She held the role of President and Co-Campus Correspondent, as well as Editor-in-Chief at Her Campus Montclair. She loves all things to do with content creation, fashion + beauty and traveling the world.