This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

Hear me out, YouTube is where it’s at. I am so over Netflix and Hulu and really don’t care to see another cheesy rom-com where Noah Centineo plays the same role for the 10th time. YouTube, on the other hand, that’s where there’s quality content. I know some people can’t get into Youtube, but I’m convinced they just don’t know who to watch. I, however, am an avid YouTube watcher and can’t wait until my favorite creator uploads a new video every week. Here are some of my favorite YouTubers that you need to be subscribed to.

1. Safiya Nygaard: I’m convinced that Safiya is going to rule the world one day. Safiya originally was a creator for Buzzfeed, but then left the company and created her own channel about two years ago. She currently has 8.43 million followers, which just keeps growing. Her channel consists of crazy content that no one has done before, like buying every single lipstick in Sephora and melting them together, or finding weird outfits on the internet and testing them out (like an 8-foot-tall scarf, or 9-foot-long jeans…weird stuff.) I guarantee if you have seen your favorite creators try out weird challenges on YouTube, then it was probably started by Safiya.

2. Shane Dawson: So I’m sure everyone and their mother knows about Shane since he’s been on YouTube forever, but if you haven’t watched him yet…this is a sign that you should. Over the last two years or so, Shane has totally changed the game on YouTube. He has revamped his image and has been creating amazing docuseries that star some of your other favorite YouTubers such as Jeffree Star or Tana Mongeau. Shane is typically making hilarious yet mysterious videos with his cameraman, Andrew Siwicki, and they are killing the game. They spend hours filming and editing which results in hour-long videos that you don’t want to miss. He also makes a lot of videos on conspiracy theories, so if you’re into spooky stuff, you need to check him out.

3. Lucie Fink: Lucie is absolutely the cutest and bubbliest person on the internet. I’m totally obsessed with her and you should be too. She currently works for Refinery 29 and makes a ton of videos for their YouTube channel consisting of videos such as: Try Living with Lucie, Lucie Vlogs, and Lucie for hire. In these videos, Lucie is always up for adventures and giving great tips. Whether she’s training as a professional gymnast, learning how to live a plastic-free life or just her typical routine at Refinery29, there’s a video for everyone. Her own channel also has great videos that involve her wedding planning journey with her fiance or learning new things like how to bullet journal. Lucie also attended Her Conference 2019, so you know she’s Her Campus approved.

4. Gabbie Hanna: Gabbie originally started on the app Vine (RIP), and then eventually moved over to YouTube. You might remember her as The Gabbie Show, but she has definitely changed her image over the years. Gabbie is always posting the funniest videos of just nonsense…but it’s oddly entertaining. Whether you want to watch a video of her deep cleaning her kitchen, she’s got you covered, or you want to listen to some insane storytimes, she’s got that too. Gabbie is also in the process of releasing some new music and she’s phenomenal. I would highly suggest checking out Gabbie because she’s a total girl boss. 

Nicolette is a senior at Montclair State University, majoring in Public Relations with a minor in Sociology. She's a huge fan of binge watching YouTube videos, drinking iced chai latte's, and discovering new beauty products.
Lauren Clemente recent graduate from Montclair State University who studied Communication and Media Arts. She held the role of President and Co-Campus Correspondent, as well as Editor-in-Chief at Her Campus Montclair. She loves all things to do with content creation, fashion + beauty and traveling the world.